Pioneer of the Internal Bra & Fat Grafting in Breast Augmentation Surgery, over 6000 breast procedures and over 20 years surgical experience training in Australia and abroad - Dr Tavakoli’s expertise in cosmetic surgery is unrivalled.
Dr Tavakoli is a renowned Australian trained plastic surgeon specialising in cosmetic plastic surgery. He is widely regarded as an expert in breast augmentation and revision surgery and is committed to the education and training of new and established plastic surgeons.
Since going into private practice in 2004, Dr Tavakoli runs one of the busiest cosmetic surgery practices in the country, servicing patients from all over Australia and abroad. A frequent guest of the Morning Show medical panel, Dr Tavakoli’s opinion and expertise are often sought after by the media and medical community.
Dr Tavakoli is also an industry leader in social media, adopting platforms such as Instagram and snapchat to connect and engage with prospective patients. He has been featured in publications such as the Sydney Morning Herald for “changing the face of cosmetic surgery in Australia”.
“…educated patients are better patients. Access to authentic and unfiltered information regarding cosmetic procedures enables patients to make more informed decisions whilst gaining an insight into the procedures and recovery that has otherwise not been accessible. “ – Dr Tavakoli
Achievements & Accolades:Master of Surgery (MS) and Post Graduate Research Degree in Plastic Surgery from UNSW. Post graduate thesis on Paediatric (children’s) Craniofacial Distraction Osteogenesis used in treating kids with facial deformities. Fellowship is Plastic Surgery from Royal Australasian College of Surgeon. Active member of the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and Australian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS). Instructor for the Mentor Master Class At the forefront of new techniques such as fat grafting in breast augmentation, the internal bra and the brazilian butt lift (a procedure Dr Tavakoli pioneered in Australia).
Cosmetic Surgery Experience & Conferences
In this field expertise is the key to success. Dr Tavakoli believes that the future of Plastic Surgery is “Super-specialisation” in either Cosmetic Surgery or Reconstructive Surgery. Although trained in both reconstructive and cosmetic plastic surgery, Dr Tavakoli is one of handful of Plastic Surgeons in Australia that has 100% commitment to the field of Cosmetic Surgery. Significant portion of Dr Tavakoli’s practice is devoted to Breast Augmentation and Mummy Makeovers
In addition to his Australian plastic surgery training (10 years in total) in Sydney and Melbourne, Dr Tavakoli has travelled to some of the major European and American Cosmetic Plastic Surgery Centres in order to get exposed to the latest surgical techniques:
• 2004 – Rome, Italy with Professor Marco Gasparotti at Villa Salaria: LIPOSCULPTURE (superficial)
• 2004 – Barcelona, Spain, Planas Clinica
• 2004 – London, England- Face Lift
• 2005 – Dallas, Texas- RHINOPLASTY
• 2006 – Sao Paulo, Brazil- Periareolar mastopexy
• 2007 – Stuttgart, Germany- RHINOPLASTY
• 2008- Melbourne- Breast Augmentation Symposium
• 2009 – Dallas, Texas- RHINOPLASTY
• 2010- Singapore- Dr Charles Randquist, Breast Master Class
• 2011- Melbourne, Rhinoplasty Symposium
• 2011- Sydney, Dr Per Heden Breast Augmentation Symposium
• 2012- Melbourne, Eyelid surgery Symposium and Workshop
• 2012- Stuttgart, Germany- Rhinoplasty Workshop
• 2012- Melbourne- Upper Eyelid Surgery Workshop
• 2012- Melbourne- Facelift Anatomy & Techniques
• 2013- Stockholm, Sweden- Breast & Weight Loss surgery
• 2014- Melbourne- Abdominoplasty & Buttock Fat Grafting
• 2015 – Stuttgart, Germany- Rhinoplasty Workshop
• 2015- Milan, Italy – Rhinoplasty Masterclass
• 2015- NYC, USA – Cutting Edge Symposium
• 2016- Miami, USA – Brazilian Butt Lift
Continuing Medical Education (CME) Dr Tavakoli has a commitment to attend and participate in meetings to provide a continuing high level of expertise in his surgical practice. Dr Tavakoli has always participated in the CME & CPD programs established by the Royal Australian College of Surgeons (RACS).