Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

1 Follower

About lizzy74

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • Location

Recent Profile Visitors

890 profile views
  1. Hey, I can't believe it has been a year already, time really does fly! I love my new tummy, amazing how good clothes now look on me. I'm in the same boat as you, I have put on some weight and I'm in the process of trying to lose it again Are you going to have TT revision to fix your belly button? I have a few issues with my scar - it is quite thick above my pubic bone, however, I'm not going to have surgery to fix as I can cover with my bikini bottoms. Hope everyone else is doing well!
  2. Hi Everyone, I am now 12 months post op and thought I would share my journey. (TT, Lipo, infection, recovery and how I'm going now) I have always had a stomach apron, even before having my 2 adorable boys I had a pot belly, that grew when pregnant. Once my husband and I made the decision our family was complete, I then started to research surgeons for a TT. FYI - I am a curvy girl, I'm happy with my lifestyle and curves, I just had my big tummy (5' 5" tall, 74kg - sz 14). I am a Mum to 2 adorable, active boys - aged 3&4 at time of surgery - both came into this world via caesarian. I met with Craig Rubinstein in May 2014, instantly I felt at ease, he was incredibly knowledgeable, had a great reputation so I made the decision to book in with him for 22 Oct 2014. Prior to my surgery, I prepared a to do list: 1. Ensure I had top cover private health insurance; 2. Cooked and froze as many meals as possible i.e soups, spaghetti sauce, meatballs, lasagna etc 3. Arranged for 4 weeks off work; 4. Husband took 1 week off work; 5. Purchased light weight tops and pants to wear during recovery. 6. Mum was lined up to help out once hubby went back to work. Fast forward to the day of surgery, I was scheduled to arrive at 1pm. In the morning I spent every moment with my boys, we went to the park played for hours, before I knew it, it was time to leave. Husband drove me to the hospital and stayed with me until I was called in. Craig was in business mode, very focussed and drew on my tummy and marked spots for Lipo. At this stage I felt very nervous and a little uncomfortable - it is very confronting to have all of your bits (which I have been insecure about for so many years) out in the open for everyone to see - but I was also very excited. I met the Anaesthetists who went through the risks and my health history, after this discussion he said I was in great health for general anaesthetic. I was wheeled into surgery and within minutes I was asleep. I woke in recovery, not in any pain, surgery went for just over 2 hours. I was then transferred to my room. I spent a total of 5 nights in hospital (this was a request as I wanted to recover as much as possible before going home to my boys). I didn't use much pain relief, was up and about the next morning very hunched over and completely amazed at the results so far. I loved having the adjustable bed to ensure I was in the most comfortable position for recovery. I received a little recovery gift from Craig - which was a nice touch. On day 5 I was no longer draining any fluids and I got the all clear to go home, a nurse came in to remove the drains - 1st drain came out no problems, 2nd drain - OMG that was the most pain I had in the past 5 days! At home, I found sleeping very difficult - I would sleep upright with many pillows behind my knees and head. Recovery was going very well until I woke on day 11 feeling unwell and noticed a small red patch around my belly button, this was the Saturday of Melbourne Cup weekend, I got in touch with the nurse who put me on a broad spectrum antibiotic. Sunday I noticed the red had spread, once again I contacted the nurse who requested I come in, I saw the nurse who drew around the red and said I would be ok once the antibiotics kicked in. Monday, I had a high fever, shakes - I contacted the nurse again, I was sent for a ultra sound to see if I had any collections - at this stage I was getting concerned, the scans didn't show any abnormalities, I was sent home. Melbourne Cup Day Tuesday was a hot day in Melbourne, I was sitting on the couch with blankets on me, freezing, not eating, feeling like I had the flu. Once again I went back to the centre and saw Craig (he had been away) - I was immediately admitted to hospital. The next morning I had another ultra sound and this time a collection was found assumed to be a heomatoma. I had a procedure where they drain the fluid - well, the fluid was the most stinky and disgusting infection .... I was assigned an infection control doctor, a general doctor and my surgeon to look after me. I spent a further 7 nights in hospital fighting with an anaerobic infection - antibiotics and drains. This is extremely rare and I was very unlucky to get this type of infection. I was discharged (at my request - my boys were really struggling) and I still had the drainage tubes in (draining the infection) - after a few days the drainage tubes were removed. I had a big hole in the front of my scar which I had to pack with gauze and regularly see my surgeon to ensure I was healing properly. I must say this was quite a traumatic experience for me and my husband. I took a total of 6 weeks off work. I then spent 3 months on heavy duty antibiotics to ensure all the infection was gone. Fast forward to October 2015 I love my stomach and I'm glad I had the surgery. The scar has it's faults as I had the infection issue and I couldn't wear my control garments during my healing - but I am still happy with my results. The recovery has been hard, I have been seeing a naturopath the past 6 months to detox my body from the antibiotics and to get my health back to 100%, I can honestly say I am only just getting to that place now. The past 12 months have been very hard on me and my husband. I am still glad I had the surgery as my confidence continues to grow every day and I now love shopping for clothes and running around with my kids (without my big tummy slapping!) Anyone considering TT surgery, please choose your surgeon carefully (I highly recommend Craig) and ensure you have private health insurance as you never know what may happen. I was very happy with the care and professionalism provided by Craig Rubinstein and the cover I had with NIB. Feel free to ask any questions! Cheers
  3. Hi, I had TT and MR on 22 Oct last year and I unfortunately got a major infection 10 days after surgery, resulting in a further 7 nights hospital stay, IV antibiotics, more drain tubes and 3 months of antibiotics. Mine was the first case the surgeon had EVER had. I had an anaerobic infection which is caused by natural flora on the skin that got into the wound and grew into an infection The likelihood of an infection like mine is very rare. I can honestly say, I have no regrets about my TT and would still do it all again. With all surgery comes risk, if you have a great surgeon and private health insurance - there is no need to stress as if there are complications, you will be well looked after. Hope my message has helped
  4. Hi, my TT was around $9,500 out of pocket (after claiming from Medicare & Private Health). I recommend Craig Rubinstein in Melbourne. I stayed in hospital 5 nights.
  5. I had a TT with Craig in 22 Oct & I couldn't be happier. He is great, the nurses are great, I would highly recommend him... You are in good hands
  6. I am now 5 weeks PO & got the all clear to wear heels as long as I'm walking on sealed surfaces & not drinking, thanks for your replies.
  7. Hi, do you know if there is any restrictions on wearing high heel shoes after a TT? I'm 4.5 weeks post TT. Thanks
  8. Hi Kez, I had my TT with Craig on 22 Oxtober, I am almost 4 weeks post op. I cannot speak highly enough of him & my results. Unfortunately I have had complications & Craig has provided the most amazing service & support. Loving myself & my new tummy. If you choose him, you will be in good hands. Feel free to message me if u have any questions. Also Vimmy is a great hospital.
  9. Thank you everyone for your kind words! I had my first night at home and was so nice to be with my 3 boys (2 sons and my hubby) - so good for my mental health. I went and saw my surgeon today and the drain will be removed tomorrow - thank heavens! I have a couple of hurdles to get over until he is confident I have "turned the corner" with this infection. However, I did get the fright of my life when they said the infection I had (anaerobic) was life threatening - so I'm pleased I'm still here in one piece and when I'm fully recovered will have a smokin' hot tummy! 3 weeks ago today I had the surgery and I have no regrets, and I am so pleased I chose my surgeon Craig Rubinestein as he has been absolutely amazing in treating my infection and recovery. Hope everyone is doing well, healing well and starting to enjoy their fabulous new bodies.
  10. After 7 nights in hospital fighting this darn infection, after much negotiation with my surgeon I'm finally breaking out of this joint! I still have drain tubes and 8 ... Yes 8 boxes of antibiotics but I'm going home to my babies. Great day, just need to keep on getting better
  11. Hi Captain, mine started from my belly button. I was so sick with fever & flu symptoms. I started on oral antis & the redness continued to grow & I kept on getting sick .. Then hospital etc. If u feel better, that is a great outcome, if u feel worse or redness spreads highly recommend ed. I have been told they have never seen an infection like mine from a TT I'd prefer to be a pioneer in recovery. U have had your share of bad luck, hope u get better soon. Feel free to send me a message I'm always on my phone .. I know I'm getting better as I'm bored
  12. Well done tatas! How are u feeling today? Maggie it's great u r getting out and about, hope you r feeling better today. Nurse I'm still in hospital with a bit of luck home Monday, trying to stay positive ... Hope everyone else is enjoying their new smokin hot bodies.
  13. Nurse, what a nuisance, hope the antis work ASAP and your scar heals over. My body is responding well, fever has gone, still on IV antis & have drain tube. Have another ultra sound Monday, fingers & ties crossed I can go home early next week. I'm in a much better head space now I'm getting better, just miss my boys.
  14. Newchange not long now until you have an amazing tummy, looking forward to hearing all about your journey. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
  15. Hi newchange, you will be fine, I am just very, very, unlucky. This is like a one in a zillion chance of happening - maybe I should buy a tatts ticket too. No idea how long I will be staying, I have 3 Docs allocated to me & all have said how long I stay in is still unknown,I guess once the results of the infection are known & all is gone from my body, I am being optimistic & hoping I can go home Sunday, but will keep you posted. Thanks for your concern
  • Create New...