Sign in to follow this  
Niksta10

Nervous of costs if something goes wrong

Hi all,

I am nearly there and now getting nervous .I am having my final appointment with Dr Bambit tomorrow and will decide which size (between 350 and 400 cc) but not sure yet. I have a couple of questions for her but just wanted to get some more opinions.I read on here a girl that got CC 4 months after her op and she is not sure how much it will cost to replace. Was anyone else told how much it would cost if things do go wrong. Although I am hoping I will be ok I do have to think of it. On the consent form I have to sign it has a point that there is still costs involved if thing go wrong and that quite often they can be a lot more expensive as it takes more time to correct things. It is costing me $12500 to have the op done and if I had to fork out again within a year I would be very pissed off. Did everyone else have to sign something like that. Any help would be much appreciated.

Nicksta

In scared too! Have you seen the double bubble that can happen aswell ! I'm

More concerned about that.,it's out the surgeons control they can't predict what the body will do. In still in two minds about my size !

its natural to have all these thoughts before surgery, but its risks we take, 1000's of woman get them everyday worldwide, think positive, listen to your surgeons recommendations for your body size, give yourself the best post op by following instructions and not over doing things. at least this gives you the best chance of great results, I was going to go a bit bigger but my dr said and quote this is just what my doc said not everyones, he said if you stay under 350cc the chances of complications are way less, my surgeon was dr fleming, he said I could fit bigger implants though and it was totally my decision, I went 345cc. if this is really what you want then its worth taking the plunge.

I have wanted this since I was 18 years old but back then I did not have the money and then other priorities got in the way. Now 2 breastfed kids later I am very flat and now I can afford it :) I will take note of what she says tomorrow and hope for the best. You have to admit that you hear hundreds more good stories than bad.

I had some problems after my redo. My left refused to drop and my right boob didn't lift up enough. We went back in and made some adjustments and my ps only charged me $770 the scheduled fee. I don't remember if I had anaesthetist and operating room fees or not.

I had some problems after my redo. My left refused to drop and my right boob didn't lift up enough. We went back in and made some adjustments and my ps only charged me $770 the scheduled fee. I don't remember if I had anaesthetist and operating room fees or not.

These are the fees that I am most interested in Cupcakes. My surgeon has said if anything goes wrong or needs fixing he will cover it & I have spoken to 1 of his other patience who he covered her redo for her, but this part of the surgery hasn't been mentioned.

Hi Niksta,

im getting my BA in Jan. I've just joined a Health Fund because I was so worried about something going wrong, no way I could afford all this money again for a while. I'm covered for Breast Reconstructive Surgery only which includes CC, infection etc etc. The bonus is I only have to wait 2 months not 12. (PS was telling me about a girl who developed a staph from a pimple on her chest when she had her BA and had to have them removed a week after her op- freaked me out). The only thing not covered is surgeons fee but I've heard my PS does it free :) Although finding a hundred bucks a month wasn't part of the plan, it's going to help me sleep better at night :)

Hi Niksta,

im getting my BA in Jan. I've just joined a Health Fund because I was so worried about something going wrong, no way I could afford all this money again for a while. I'm covered for Breast Reconstructive Surgery only which includes CC, infection etc etc. The bonus is I only have to wait 2 months not 12. (PS was telling me about a girl who developed a staph from a pimple on her chest when she had her BA and had to have them removed a week after her op- freaked me out). The only thing not covered is surgeons fee but I've heard my PS does it free :) Although finding a hundred bucks a month wasn't part of the plan, it's going to help me sleep better at night :)

what health fund is that? My surgeon said they've found NIB and Bupa the most cooperative

It was HCF. I went through a broker? that my PS consultant recommended, I rang twice, first time a lady gave me some info but I did t really get what she was on about, second time I got this guy who spent ages going through everything with me and he dug extra deep to find the right one for me. Good news is I have his direct line so will pm you all the details :)

Bugger, sorry everyone, I just realised that I should of said that the 2 months wait is pre BA, you'd have to wait 12 months if you already have had your BA done. But if anyone still wants all the info sende a message :)

Hi all,

I am nearly there and now getting nervous .I am having my final appointment with Dr Bambit tomorrow and will decide which size (between 350 and 400 cc) but not sure yet. I have a couple of questions for her but just wanted to get some more opinions.I read on here a girl that got CC 4 months after her op and she is not sure how much it will cost to replace. Was anyone else told how much it would cost if things do go wrong. Although I am hoping I will be ok I do have to think of it. On the consent form I have to sign it has a point that there is still costs involved if thing go wrong and that quite often they can be a lot more expensive as it takes more time to correct things. It is costing me $12500 to have the op done and if I had to fork out again within a year I would be very pissed off. Did everyone else have to sign something like that. Any help would be much appreciated.

Nicksta

Hi, I'm in the same boat as you right now.

I want to get a BA in Thailand, the only thing that's holding me back is whether or not I'll be able to afford revision surgery or having them redone, especially because my surgeon will be overseas and therefore more difficult to access.

The members who mentioned going on a health fund were really helpful, I guess I'll have to look into that :p

Hello,

Im also having my BA in jan, however I don't have private health. This was my own choice and I am aware of the consequences. For me, I just cant afford it as its $110 a month on-top of saving (I'm a full time uni student) plus I spoke about the pros and cons with my family and they said if anything went wrong they would help with money. Also i would have to wait 12 months to be covered and i just didn't want to wait. But like said this was my own choice, but fingers and toes crossed everything goes well :)