Sign in to follow this  
buttons

Is it swelling? Weight gain normal? Just had Vaser Lipo 4 days ago

I just had Vaser lipo on my thighs and abdomen and everything seems swollen and tender which is to be expected but I wasn't expecting to see so much weight gain, it's only been 4 days but my weight is up 4 kg, is this normal and when does it start to subside and look more normal?

I would have to agree with AH buttons + there's heaps of swelling at only 4 days & possibly more to come. Shiat I'm almost 11 weeks & I STILL have HEAPS of swelling on my tummy. It looks quite odd because its all uneven over my stomach, kinda like in waves.... It's very hard to explain. I'm very flat & tight below my TT scar & above it... Well above looks like pockets of swelling. My arms where I had lipo alone isn't swollen any more but the skin is a little bit saggy. That may need revision surgery, if I decide to go down that road after 6 months post op. More surgery & more recovery just doesn't sound that appealing to me right now. I've ALWAYS hated my chubby arms though, so we'll see.

Just keep up your water intake, keep resting & taking short walks up & down your hallway (I was going to say clear fluid intake, but to me that would have just meant I should drink more Bacardi :o lol) That swelling will eventually go & you'll have lovely skinny thighs in no time.

STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALES!! Your body has been through a massive trauma and tragically it's going to respond by puffing up like a balloon. Add in the inevitable backlog from the pain meds and you have a recipe for a sad scales tale. Lipo will make you swell, and if your PO boobs are anything like my PO boobs were you probably have about 4kg of swelling in them..,,

Don't stress, try to eat lightly and steer clear of the scales for at least a couple of weeks xx

I'm also really considering this procedure right now and have been thinking of it for years. I want to get rid of my fat belly because exercise won't get rid of it no matter how I tried. I have been watching what I eat and exercise every morning (normally I do yoga) for years now, but the fat on my stomach would not go. I am a complete coward when it comes to pain and procedure I do feel vain having to go through surgery. I'm planning to go overseas for this procedure since I think I also need a short vacation.

I'll be going for a liposuction in Thailand probably next year as a friend of mine sourced the clinic ( http://www.placidway.com/package/1557 )for me as she had friends who had gone there for various procedures and were very happy with their results. From what I've heard from my friends, this procedure is fast, much safer, and the recovery time is short. But I think 11 weeks for me is too long, since I have loads of work to get done after the procedure.