Sign in to follow this  
KiKi.C

4 year old hairdresser

This morning while doing my daughters hair I found 3 patches of hair where she has cut it to less than half her usual length! When she was a baby she had next to no hair until she was around 18 months and even after then it grew so slowly, I have been growing her for so long now :( should layers be able to fix it or will she more than likely have to have a big chop?

My daughter did exactly the same thing. Her and my neighbours daughter were "playing hairdressers". I could have killed her because like your daughter she never grew hair until she was 2 and I had been growing it for so long. My daughter did the front of her hair too and some of it was only half an inch from her head :mad: My hairdresser layered the front but left the back. It still hasn't grown out but it's about halfway now. I just put it in a pony tail with clips to hide it. Bloody kids lol.

She has thin hair which makes it more obvious. The front part that was close to her scalp I couldn't do anything with because it was so short it was spiking up. I just used hair spray to try and flatten it. She did it at the start of the year and it has now grown to just above her ears.

Oh no kristykiana! Bloody kids hey! How old is ur little girl? I remember my little sister doing this when she was in preschool and my mum was furious beyond belief! My little girl is 2 in Feb and has hardy any hair still, I think I would cry if she ever cut it!!

She is 4, turning 5 on boxing day!

Thats how I feel about my daughters hair too! I was so furious this morning when I first realised! I am alot calmer now after I have thought about it though!

My daughter (8yrs) never did that to her hair (thank goodness). My eldest son however (5yrs), just cut his lip 'shaving'.... lol. I could hear him through the wall crying when he was showering the other evening. I went in and saw blood all over his mouth and teeth and immediately assumed he slipped on soap and had fallen over. Through his sobbing I heard him say that he did something silly. I asked how and he said he was holding the mirror and then started sobbing again. I put two and two together and felt so bad for him. He saw Daddy shaving in the bathroom last weekend and obviously wanted to try. It's all healed and fine now. They grow up way to fast. :(

I shaved off my eyebrows as a baby trying to be like my dad shaving lol. I don't know exactly how old I was though. I also vote to have the hair layered to try to blend it. My almost 10 month olds hair is uneven some bits are pretty long slightly longer than ear length and other bits are pretty short just because of the way it's grown. She had a bald spot at the back where there was nothing and now there are little tufts of hair. I have been told I should have her hair cut but I refuse. One I'm trying to grow all of it out long before I have it cut one length. Two it's Greek Orthodox tradition that when she is Christened the priest cuts the first locks of her hair (think he takes 4 locks all up).

They do grow up way to way to quick! Im glad he is ok now and the cut wasnt to bad!

Just finished at the hairdressers. Because there was heaps of patches of different length hair she had to cut a fair bit off :( and it is still heaps shorter near her ears :(

Oh dear! I can't help but giggle a bit, but in saying that my little girl is only nearly 2 and I would be DEVO if she cut her hair! It's taking forever to grow too! What is it with kids and cutting hair?! Cheeky things!! Both my boys (5&3) have mo-hawks!! Kristy don't forget to take photos and a little write up for her diary wen she's older you will both have a laugh over it! So many kids do it! And I send u super speedy hair growth for ur little girl! :)