Sign in to follow this  
Cupcake85

C section ladies

Is it normal to occasionally have pain 10 months after? I had my daughter by c section almost 10 months ago now and the last couple of days I have some pain. It's on my incision and my lower stomach. It feels like an achy muscular kind of pain. I have also been told it takes 12 months for the stomach muscles to go back to normal is this true? I'm not sure if I should be worried or not.

I'm trying to remember what I felt at 10 months, but I can't :( all I can remember is that I was numb and sometimes I got funny feelings when it was bumped for a long period after, almost 3 years on and I don't even feel a thing and the scar is invisible

I've had 3 c sections over the past 5 years, my last one was 22months ago, and I still sometimes have the pain you are describing on one side of my scar. Also it's still a little numb across the incision in places. They cut through alot of layers of tissue/muscle etc so it's only normal to expect ur body to take a while to be completely healed up. I wouldn't be too worried about it Hun :) X

I used to get some pain sometimes. Felt like it was at the incision site, but it was actually higher up. Took me months until my body felt "normal" again, but I don't have any issues with it now. Every one is different though. Sounds like you weren't experiencing any pain prior to recently though? Might be worth checking out just for peace of mind.

Not sure about tummy muscles...accidentally fell pregnant again before I really worked them ;)