Sign in to follow this  
Caprica

Breast Augmentation Experiences with Destination Beauty? I'm so confused!

Hey everyone, I'm new!

I'm seriously considering breast augmentation with destination beauty, I've been emailing a bit with one of the representatives.

So far I'm so confused! I don't know whether I should save up or get my surgery financed, what surgeon I should go with and especially about different placements.

With the financing option, my only concern is that something goes wrong with my implants and having to pay more for revision surgery, and then still have to pay off the original surgery. I know it's cheaper to just save up, but that would take ages and it's just so tempting and almost seems to good to be true to only have to pay $25 a week.

From my research I've been leaning towards getting it done with Dr Witoon, but the Destination Beauty rep told me surgery with him is about $6000 AUD, so now I'm thinking about either Dr Piyapas or Dr Bhumsak, so anyone have any positive experiences with these doctors?

Finally, what I'm really confused about is what placement I should get, there's so many pros and cons with the different placements I just have no idea. Originally I was thinking of getting subglandular, as it appears to look more natural, but there's higher risks of capsular contraction and infection, and apparently can lead to breast tissue atrophy. I know submuscular is safer but flexing of the muscles can cause the implant to move and contract, and the muscle also pushes down on the implant and flattens it a bit so it doesn't look as big.

So now I'm reading about subfascial placement, but apparently not a lot of plastic surgeons have experience with this placement so I'm wondering if anoyone has had this placement done in Thailand and how it went? I'd love to get subfascial because it apparently has the same low risk of capsular contraction as submuscular, but with the soft natural look of subglandular implants so best of both worlds. If I can't get subfascial I'd probably get dual plane (partially submuscular??) implants, although I hardly know anything about this placement type.

By the way I'm a small c cup with a size 10 band, and I'd like to be at the least a DD but preferably an F or even G cup lol,

Welcome! You will find so much useful information on this site :)

I don't have an experience with any Thailand surgeons, as I chose to have my operation in Sydney.

In regards to places bet, try not to

overthink it. It's fantastic to research and understand the pro/con for each placement type, but not everyone is a great candidate for each type and you should get a few opinions from different surgeons and ask why they recommend that placement for you.

My surgeon told me that under the muscle would be best for me and I just went with his opinion and so far couldn't be happier. I'm still fairly early post-op but my breasts look great, feel natural and no complications (touch wood).

Thanks for the reply :)

I'm a massive worry wart, and I don't want anyone thinking I was implying that submuscular looked unnatural!

From what I've read all implant types can look natural depending on the individual, so yeah I probably do need professional opinions lol.

I have subfascial placement but I got mine done in Melbourne. I didn't really have a preference on placement personally only that is what my surgeon recommended as I had enough breast tissue to cover the implant. Although I am still only early days I love my results.