Sign in to follow this  
tanlee

Looking for ladies having tummy tuck in January!!!

Hi, I'm having my tummy tuck in Jan & am looking for someone to chat to, exchange feelings, ideas etc. I'm starting to get a little nervous & reading some posts is making me think twice :/

I have had 2 kids both by c-section & I'm also a diabetic so I have a fatty aapron & not much core strength so I get really bad pains in my lower back so that's is why I'm heading down this track!

Im just about to book a trip to Thailand in April but after reading some posts about swelling etc I'm not sure that I should actually push trip back to post op 6 months - god I need & will a holiday after this :D

Hi tanlee I had my tummy tuck 5 weeks ago in perth and it wasn't as bad as i thought, i was in for 4 days and back in work after 4 weeks. I would say the first week is about the worse but even then i wasn't in pain it just feels a bit tight after the muscles have been tightened up. As for having the procedure done in Thailand i was going to do that but glad i didn't as i think the flight home would have been uncomfortable. Hope this helps you if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Hi Tanlee

I am 5 days post op now after my tummy tuck. So far it is not as bad as I had imagined. Pain wise I am feeling good, I stay on top of the pain meds and its like Linny said just tight and a bit uncomfortable. I can't say much yet about the swelling as I am still so soon after surgery. I am swollen but it is still a huge improvement on what my tummy was like 5 days ago. I seem to remember the first 5 days after my caesar to be a little tougher (maybe that was also having a newborn to wake up to during the night).

Let me know if you have any questions, hopefully I can help shed some light on things for you. 5 days on and already I am glad I got this done :)

Thanks Linny for your response. I was also told I may only be in hospital overnight, hope I get longer just to manage the pain! Sorry, I'm not getting the surgery in Thailand just trying to organise a holiday - although I'm sure it's cheaper ;) I bet your pleased its over & done with - I'm envious ;)

Hi jamnik, wow 5 days, I'd love to know how your progressing! Yes I'm sure it's easier to rest & recover without having to get up to newborns! I recovered quite quick from my past 2 c-sections & was up walking around the next day so fingers crossed I'm the same after this procedure! Hope you continue to feel good & recover well :)

Hi Tanlee yes i am glad it's all over now i am feeling great, I am still a bit tight but it's getting better every day just looking forward to xmas now so i can show my figure off, anyway nothing to be afraid of u will be fine and if you don't feel ready to go home the next day just tell the doctor and stay till you feel o k. Keep in touch and let me know how you get on good luck.

Hey tanlee.

Im 2 days post op and like jamnik its not as bad as I thought. The tightness in the abdo area is worst and if you accidently engage those muscles unexpectedly it hurts like blazes. When I tried getting into bed after the first time out. (3hrs after surgery) I flopped back and wow did it hurt. Now I can get in and out by myself by rolling on my side. Might be a bigger challenge when I get home tho.i dont have a bed that raises.

I'm so happy for you to be able to show off your new figure! How exciting. Did you tell your family you were having it done? I will let you know how I get on, I'm hoping I recover just as quick as I did with my 2 c-sections! Have a great Xmas & hope the weather is warm so you can parade around with pride :)

Hi, thank you for your advice! I've heard your tummy feels tight, I'm kind of looking forward to that feeling after so long :) I remember after my c-section, sleeping & rolling over in bed was the worst feeling! I hope you continue to recover well, please keep me updated on your recovery.