Sign in to follow this  
thefineline

Anyone had a very subtle rhinoplasty?

I want only a few small changes and am wondering if anyone has had a nose job where the changes have improved the harmony of the nose and the face but are still otherwise not really noticeable?

I don't really want people noticing a huge difference. I want my face to be my face!

Any recommendations in Melb?

Hi there,

I had a Septorhinoplasty 7 weeks ago by ENT Perry Burstin in Melbourne. Before i had the operation i told him that i only wanted subtle changes to my nose, because i didn't want to look like a different person and I didn't want people to notice a big difference. He agreed with me and said that my nose only needed a few slight changes/refinement. He told me that his main aim is to make the nose look natural and in harmony with the other facial features. He showed me before and after photos of other client's to give me an idea of what he could possible do and gave me brochures about that procedure and risks etc.

I must say that i am really pleased, since the changes are very subtle and not very noticeable (looks kinda like Angelina Jolie's nose now). He managed to get rid of my slight hump, narrowed the upper lateral cartilage and reduced my bulbous tip (slightly more pinched now).

So i would recommend you visit him. His fees are much lower than plastic surgeons and you might even get a better result.

Shine:D

The reason i had my surgery was due to having a bad Septoplasty (straightening of the septum) by an ENT in the UK. The procedure over there was free, so i was only allowed to see the local ENT. The doctor at that time reassured me that my nose wouldn't change but it totally did....i ended up with a hump + the tip became more bulbous. I also spent nearly 3 years hating my nose, but I was determined to get my nose fixed and be happy again.

So i did my research, saved up, visited a couple of surgeons and found P. Burstin. I straight away felt confident in his ability, since he was very informative about the procedure, the risks and realistic expectations of Rhinoplasty. All surgeons should tell you that everyone's tissues heal differently and the nose cartilage is not like play dough, so there is never a 100% guarantee that it will turn out perfect, which is unattainable. That is why having the Rhinoplasty procedure done by any surgeon isn't guaranteed that it will turn out like you expect, because it depends your body's healing process. I think choosing a surgeon that has performed tons of operations is the way to go, since they will have loads more experience and know how to address any issues + how get around them. I think it is important for them to show you lots of evidence/photos of their work and for you to feel comfortable with them (gut feeling).

Well i am finally happy with my nose. As i mentioned before i just had small changes and no one has really noticed yet.

All the best.

Shine:D

Edited by shine