Sign in to follow this  
boobenvy

Not so good ending to my BA today

Hi all, so I finally get to share a post in the experience side of the forum. :-)

My day stared early as I had to be at the hospital at 6.30am and I wanted to make sure I had time to shave and wash my hair.

I arrived at the hospital by 6.15am. I went to the front desk, let them know I was there and clear final payments.

i then sat for roughly 15mins and was called through by a nurse (sorry, I'm not very good with names)

she asked me the usual questions bout health etc, weighed me then gave a little pink tub with a hospital gown and a think white dressing gown and sent me to another room to change.

Once dressed I sat in a little waiting area with my little pink tub that contained my clothes and shoes, I was then given a tablet to settle my stomach or something.

20 mins later another nurse came and took me to another waiting room were I was given my little bag of goodies to take home.

Not long after, Dr Richardson came over and drew all over me :-) and we had our final chat.

last person I met was my anesthetist. He gave me the pre drug and inserted my cannula and said "this drug will make you feel drowsy but you will still be awake when we wheel you to theatre we're will knock you out and insert a breathing tube down your throat. For now I will leave you with the nurse to put the sticky things on we plug the monitors into" and walked away.

the nurse, who was already next to me with the sticky things in hand..... Well, I have no idea what she done with them cause I was out of it. Next thing, I was waking up in the recovery room. I stirred and I remember lifting the sheet to look LOL Then was off again.

once ok, I changed and moved over to a seat were I had a coffee and some sandwiches. I actually felt really good, not dizzy or sick. They called my partner who I meet out the front.

we started to walk to the car, me telling hi the above story, he interrupts me with "I need to tell you something, and it's not good."

Obviously , my reply was "tell me."

"Wait until we get to the car" he replied.

we get in the car and tell me "your mother died"

i cant believe it still, I don't know what to feel.

omg im so sorry, I no with my ba how happy I was but also dealing with the loss of my sister, I almost felt guilty to be happy and it felt so trivial, but please be kind to yourself and make sure you can relax as much as possible, im so so sorry hun, it does make it a bit more full on as apart from dealing with the drugs etc from op which can make you emotional, you now have this to, we are always here for you if you need to vent, had your mum been sick or was it sudden, with my sis it was sudden, hit us like a tonne of bricks. I actually drove threw redcliffe yesterday with friends after my 6wk post op check and thought of you, I said to my girlfriends, one of our ladies is here today getting her new assets, thinking of you hun xo.

Holy cr*p

thats crazy, i wasnt expecting to read that! I was thinking it would be something to do with your boobs.

Im so sorry to hear about that, its horrible news to receive. Hope your feeling ok xxx

Oh god, that's devastating news for you and your family :( Feeling numb is a normal first reaction, so is disbelief and detachment, your post has made me cry, I'm so sorry for you, I hope you have good, supportive friends around you, you have all of us here.