Sign in to follow this  
Ebsta

9 days post have to go back to doc

Ok so I'm. 9 days post op and on tues I over did it with some child lifting. I don't remember any one painful movement but by the arvo I was sore and swollen around my rib/lower left boob area.

Had a 1 week follow up the next day and he said to take it easy and if any bruising shows up to ring him coz the bruising will probably be a bleed, no swelling indicates just muscle inflammation.

So I didn't bruise up initially and felt great yesterday (didn't over do it, have been very good) but this morning.. More swelling and tenderness and bruising has come out on the underside of the boob. So I have to go back in to doc this arvo.

Anyone had this or have any idea what might happen. Im a little concerned. :/

Oh no! Its so hard with little ones, Im the same I have 2 and even though Im starting to feel good its certainly tempting to lift them but i have help and i know i musnt, i really hope its nothing serious, take it easy

Definately let us know what ur surgeon says hun. I think most of us on here are mums with little ones so we all know whats its like when they demand to be picked up all the time! I did exactly the same thing with my 3 from about 5 days post op and it near killed me to start with.

Thanks for all your comments girls.

The doc was happy enough with amount of swelling. Said there's obviously some fluid there but nothing to be overly alarmed about. He did give me a precautionary round of antibiotics and suggested I might like to go for an ultrasound but then I got out of him that he didn't think I needed one and it was more to ease my mind. So I'm just going back on Monday arvo for him to have another check. Most importantly he told me he shocked when I was takings bra off for him coz I was throwing my arms around this way and that (as you do lol) and he said that most people wouldn't move like that til they're 3 month post op so I must have a high pain threshold. But even if I can, I must move my arms slower and more gently as everything is still healing in there.

So to all the mums out there.. Even if you have no pain, don't lift your kids and be gentle with yourself, coz even if it doesn't hurt it can still cause damage. Lesson learned ;)

Thank heavens you didn't do anything major! I have two daughters and know I won't realize how much I use my arms until they're sore but it's harder to stop than people think! My pain threshold is quite high (three drug free labors. What WAS I thinking lol) so think you for the warning. I'll be sure to take it easy once I get home.

Glad to hear there was no serious damage done! I have been able to lift and move my arms pretty freely since day one too, no probs brushing hair etc, but found little things like unscrewing a tight lid or childproof medicine cap, hurt the most!

Very good advice you have there, us mums seem to think we can do it all! We need to give ourselves more time to heal and def NO lifting our kiddies!! :)