Sign in to follow this  
tll11

Back to reality - feeling sad & stressed :(

Sorry ladies just needed to blurt this out. Im 2 and a half weeks post op BA and hubby has left this afternoon to go back up to work in the mines. We have 3 little ones (3 year old, almost 2 year old and a 4 month old). I still cant drive easily, it really hurts when i have to park the car and im not even sure i can bath my 4 month old yet either. I have had him home the whole time doing pretty much everything for the kids and I. Anyone else been in the same situation and can offer any advice? I dont really have anyone else i can ask to come and help. And i also think im a bit upset about him leaving again because ive had him home for so long :(

im also interested in advice on this as well,i have surgery in 3 months and my hubby goes away for work too,we have two little ones and its not gonna be easy,i feel for u,sent u a fr hope all works well for u :)

Aw hun its hard isn't it, i had the same thing happen and i have 2 littlies as well, i ended up hiring some home help in the mornings and at night from an agency, like a mothers help, she is basically doing all the lifting, changing, dressing, feeding etc and that has helped me heal a lot faster I think, plus my hubby works away and i loved having him home for a week as well, its hard but just think how awesome the new assets look, you can do it, good luck

I was in similar situation, my partner works in mines as well 2 on 2 off he was hone for the first 4 days only then it was me my sore tits and 2 girls who granted are school age though I still had to do lunches, washing, uniforms, dinner, bins out bins in, make beds, you name it the world just kept going on which all I wanted was it to stop...I too got a little teary when he left just because it was so overwhelming and I didn't know how I would cope...I did though and you will too I promise

The one thing I had to mentally keep telling myself was "as long as the house was tidy which I can manage then the actual cleaning can wait" I had prep frozen meals for two weeks for the girls and I also had two weeks worth of light n easy meals for me....which helped a lot with the actual cooking aspect...

I also made sure that each night I would spend an hour in the kitchen filling water bottles up cutting fresh fruit and nibbles so that they were ready for the girls the next day to help themselves when puckish

I arranged a school bus to pick them up each morning 2 blocks from my place I just had to walk them there and back which mind you sounds easy but my boobs would swell just in that time from the little jiggling they would do...I would the ice them on the lounge afterwards

Just give yourself and hour in morning to prep and hour at night to prep and arrange to sit on the floor with the little ones so they can at least hug you softly or they can fall asleep next to you...

I ended up making my bed in the lounge room as found the corner lounge easier to sleep upright in maybe you can do the same or similar make it a big sleep out :)

I do feel for you it must be extremely hard but vent all you want honey I will listen to you :)

Thanks kazza! Ive just finished dinner and bath time with them all, bed for them in 15 mins and ive actually surprised myself at how well I got it all done, admitted I am pretty sore but I know I can rest shortly! Do you find the 1st couple of days the worst and then u settle back into ur 'hubby away routine'?

tll11 I certainly do find the first couple of days a little depressing and at times get short with the kids but by day 3 I am all good again then usually two days before he leaves we both get a little distant and short with each other because we are both mentally preparing again for the separation...the good thing is we both know it and talk about it with each other he does his thing two day prior I get the my mother wears army boots attitude back on and off we go again :) the key is communicating feelings to each other and we do it well....

Yep when kids in bed you sit still grab some ice packs remote control drink some nibbles and don't do a thing ;) I found my sleep routine changed whilst taking time off work to rest...I would be awake half the night then sleep all day when kids at school....I have only just got back into my old sleeping routine and it's nearly 7 weeks...I felt like a baby who had night and day mixed up ;)

Glad to know im not alone. My hubs and I are much the same except I get pretty sooky 2 days before he leaves lol. Finally got my little monkeys into bed, although they are all still awake chatting away. Time gor a quick shower, load up the dish washer and go and collapse on the lounge!