Sign in to follow this  
joyfulgirl99

My BA story - from surgery to Day 3

Sorry for the length but here goes:

Sooo, I had my BA yesterday and I’m feeling really good. I wrote this story up twice on here and both times it disappeared, so third time lucky! My surgery was scheduled for 2pm, but I got there at 1pm and waited around. They put me in a surgical gown and put compression socks on my feet that went up to my knees. Then they put a heated blanket around me. I was in the patient waiting room at the private hospital. They turned the lights down and had the tv on and I nearly fell asleep, it was so peaceful. I had been so scared in the week leading up to my BA, that I finally felt relaxed and was sure about my decision to do it –I’ve waited 10 years to get them done. My hubby dropped me off and said he would come and check on me later that night. He said goodbye and said he would miss my small breasts, that kind of made me sad, but they have served me well and I breastfed for 2 years with them. I told him I wasn’t going too big and he said he hoped I wouldn’t. He gave me a hug. I got a little bit nervous at that stage.

The doctor came in and we went over my paperwork and allergies. Then they gave me the menu for dinner and breakfast and I checked off everything as I was hungry as I’d been fasting since the night before. I got my period that morning which upset me a bit – but the nurse said lots of girls do as they are anxious and nerves bring it on – so bring a pad ladies, just in case it happens to you.

The surgeon came and took me to the room and drew on my chest where the implant would go and told me that everything would go well. He asked me how I was feeling and I said I was good. The scariest bit for me was walking into the theatre and seeing so many people in there – assistants, nurses, doctor, surgeon and hearing the machines buzzing and there was music playing so it kinda reminded me of the show ‘Nip Tuck’ where they play music and I laughed to myself. They lay me on the operating table and put the needle in which hurt a bit and the next thing I know I’m out of it.

I woke up in my private room on the bed and I had warm blankets on me. I don’t remember a thing about the surgery at all. The nurses gave me a glass of water and I had to sit up gently. My chest had the surgical bra on it and felt very very tight like someone was standing on it. I had my period everywhere and I felt so embarrassed, so the nurse had to change the sheets. She told me not to worry, but I honestly think I was more upset about that than my boobs hurting. My period pain was so bad, it was worse than the chest pain. They gave me meds through my drip, so the pain eased up and then I was okay. I had a sleep for a bit and then I needed to go to the bathroom. I stood up and fainted. So they helped me back into bed and told me not to move. Apparently the meds can make you dizzy, so don’t move too fast. I took a peep at my new boobs and they looked good - but rock hard. I slept through the night in the hospital and then my hubby picked me up the next morning.

I’m now on Day 3 and I feel amazing. Day 3 is supposed to be the worst, so I was all prepared for it to be bad, but it has been great. I keep taking my drugs regularly. I had a shower and I stretch my arms a little bit. I went for a short walk around the block. I’m taking my vitamins and drinking lots of water. I sleep with a big bean bag on the bed – best thing ever. I’ve slept straight through 2 nights without any pain. The hardest thing is sitting up – but I do it gently. My boobs look good. There is no bruising and they look very pert and firm.

Happy to chat to anyone who wants to message me and good luck to everyone else having their ops. Fingers crossed that the rest of my recovery is okay. I was so scared, but so far it has been great – much much better than I expected. Thanks girls on here for all your help, even just reading others experiences has really helped me prepare. I will try to post pics soon of my awesome new breasts yay! :)

Thanks Kiera. I've posted a pic on my profile. I'm pretty happy so far, but it's only Day 2. I think I'll end up a C cup, which is what I was hoping for. How are yours going? Everything okay? Please write and tell me how you went. Would love to see pics if you get a chance?

Loved ur story. That sucks that you got ur period that morning! I nade sure I had mine the week before my surgery so I didnt have to deal with that too haha! I have natrelle 410s too. Are you happy with them so far? Will have to have a peek at ur pics :-)

I woke up in a fair bit of pain today. I slept well using my bean bag, it was just waking up and trying to get out of bed that really hurts. I sit up fully in my bed and it really hurts.

My chest feels really locked. Is this what 'Frankenboob' is?

No I think that's morning boob for you! Although I didn't get it bad, for some ppl it can be quite painful. I think it's from laying in the one position so long and then sitting up - so shifting position after so long. I reckon it's cos the boobs are like new large wounds and fluids and swelling settle while you sleep, then sitting up disturbs and moved it all or something.

franken boob is when your boobs are just done and huge, swollen high scary shapes lol

Thanks Kiera. I've posted a pic on my profile. I'm pretty happy so far, but it's only Day 2. I think I'll end up a C cup, which is what I was hoping for. How are yours going? Everything okay? Please write and tell me how you went. Would love to see pics if you get a chance?

hey babe, your pic looks fantastic. I've only got 1 post op pic up but will take more at 1 week to post. I can't sit up or stand up for long cos it starts to ache and really feels like they're gonna fall onto the ground. I woke up this morning really achy too, I still have a weird shape still looking a bit pointy and wonky.

I have sent you a FR as I was done on Monday 7th so I very similar. I also have had an almost pain free recovery so far except for morning boob when I first sit up in bed it feels like someone has stabbed me in the incision line but I recon it is the internal stitches pulling. I have not managed to get any pictures up yet as my computer keeps blocking the action ??? who knows I am not that computer savvy. Good luck for the rest of your healing

Thanks girls. The morning boob thing is pretty horrible. It's the sitting up and moving forward from a sitting position that hurts the most. My breasts feel really warm as well when I touch them. I'm going to try on a few of my bigger bras this afternoon and just have a guess what size I am. I think a 32C, but I know it's very early days yet. I'll post more pics tomorrow. Thanks ladies. Love this forum and all the support x