Sign in to follow this  
Scoopie

Dropped My Phone in The Toilet Last night...

So I was having a couple drinks and a swim round at my bfs mums last night and after a few I went to the toilet, did my business, got up turned around and as I pressed 'flush' I saw something black in there.. thought hmm what's that? Waited for the flush to complete, looks again .. OMG THAT BLACK THING IS MY PHONE!!!!

I must have had it in my back pocket. Im unsure If it fell in before or after, but there is a possibility I pee'd on my poor phone haha

Quickly pulled it out, rinsed it under the sink then my bf's step dad blew it out with an air compressor. Sooo much water came out of it I couldn't believe it could even hold that much! Then we put it in a zip lock bag filled with rice and it is currently still in there. My hopes for it to be working aren't high!

Life without a phone is proving pretty difficult already. Couldn't even play candy crush when I got up this morning my god! How am I supposed to live like this!?

If we could all say a little prayer for my little Galaxy S4, maybe, just maybe, he will come back to life! Poor little thing was only 9 months old.

Haha I have been there half a dozen times, now I always make sure I check my pockets before I sit down! I've done the rice trick and it works a treat, make sure you don't get too keen to use it yet, I waited a couple of weeks before turning them on and managed to keep them going for 6 months or so. I was also told that whatever you do, don't plug your charger in until it's completely dry!

Hope your phone is ok I also have the s4 and love it, I saw someone use the rice technique and it is supposed to work so let me know how you go. Damn candy crush it is so addictive I do realise it is the same thing over and over again but I cant help myself.

I did this to my old iphone and surprisingly it still worked. The only problem that I had with it was that I could not connect to any wifi afterwards. I then had a sony xperia z and I dropped it and smashed the screen, got the screen fixed for $250 and the screen only lasted 3 months so I now have a Samsung s4 and I would be devastated if I broke it! I really feel for you! I am also a candy crush addict and I would be lost without a phone. Do you have insurance on your phone?

Hey girls did you know that you can get a tempered glass screen protector. My daughter dropped my s4 and the screen protector cracked but my actual screen was fine. Check it out you can get them on ebay I only paid $10 for mine.

Haha I have done this too. I put mine in rice as well as those little packets of things that come with shoes that prevent moisture. Sorry I can't remember what they are called but they are crystals in a packet. I left it in there for 2 weeks and my phone worked after that. whatever you do don't turn it on just be patient.

Thanks everyone, that's a mistake I sure wont be making again in a hurry! After 48 hours in rice we tried to turn it on - no signs of life. Bf pulled it apart completely and found lots of corrosion on the main board, the rest got away scott free which is pretty amazing. He thinks the main board suffered so bad because it's right behind the large crack on my screen and water must have got in there (god I need to look after my things!) He tried to clean it up but it didn't really help.

So yep, it looks like it's RIP toilet phone unfortunately :-( I'm going to leave it in the rice and try again next week. I really just want it to turn on once more so I can get all my pictures.

Going to have to buy a new phone out of my boobie savings!! That’ll teach me!

Hey Girls,

Reluctantly purchased a new Galaxy S4 last night (with boobie money, boohoo :-( ). I also bought myself a “lifeproof” cover – It cost me $89.00 from JB HiFI. It’s waterproof up to 2m, shock proof to 2m, dirt proof AND snow proof. It’s big and bulky but it’s exactly what I need.

I’m so happy with my find I thought I’d let you all know. If anyone else is accident prone I highly recommend it. Much cheaper than a new phone or a repair. They also make them for iphones, ipods & ipads.

I can’t wait to go swimming with my phone & go to the toilet with no fear haha ;)

It's crazy how much we rely on mobiles in this day & age. I really, really, really regret not backing up my data! I had so many irreplaceable photos. I have been saying for weeks that I wanted to print a couple of them, kicking myself now.