Sign in to follow this  
wannabeC

Post BA bloating - When does it end?!

Im only 5 days post BA, so still on my early stages though Im curious to know around when the bloating from the meds go away...?

Ive stopped taking painkillers from day 3 , and only taking antibiotics and inflammation ones prescribed from my Dr after surgery.

My bloating has been horrible from day1 and still am today. Ive actually never had a problem going to the toilet and have been doing no 2's daily post op but I still I legit look 5months pregnant and it really isnt helping me gain the confidence I wanted after getting my new boobs...

Yeah I'ld even give it a good month, as Don said with swelling and blockage from pain killers then for me I generally bloat around that time of the month anyway so for me I had a good month of feeling like a fat jolly fool....it does go away just time :)

It took me only about 9-10 days or so. I'm two weeks on now and my stomach is as flat as it was before.

Clamdown, lucky you! Im 7days Postop now and its still looking like a lady lump considering I havent been eating much. I think the meds have made me lose my tastebuds... anyway I spoke to my doctor yesterday for the one week checkup and he said its only normal but it could swell more over the next few days as I start massaging my boobs because the swelling on your chest travels down in order to goaway. Interesting fact I didnt know about!!

I was just starting to feel less bloated last week (3weeks) and then had to have another (unrelated) surgery. Now I'm back to feeling puffy and fluid filled. Can't wait to get all the crap out of my body. Two lots of general anaesthetic and a tonne of pain killers (particularly before last weeks surgery) has my body feeling like a giant puffy chemical holding jar

Had my BA last Wednesday (it's now Sunday) & when I look in the mirror I want to cry. It's not so much the bloating (I deal with this constantly- IBS) but I am swollen and puffy, I'm sure if I measured myself at the waist line I would have gained 2 inches. My body is so wide, I honestly don't recognise my body one bit. I have the biggest muffin top that practically hangs over my pants!

Really hope ops this gets better real soon! :(