Sign in to follow this  
bubbleyumbum

Did the nurse do it right?

Hi ladies, I want to my local Gp today for my 1 week post op appointment and all is well and the Dr said that my incisions are healing up nicely and I should be very pleased and I am but when I went in to see the nurse to get her to re-dress new dressings she didn't clean my incisions with any of the stuff that was provided by my surgeon or any thing else for that matter the nurse also didn't put the steristrips on and just put on a regular cotton strip on my incisions so I dont think I can get them wet at all?

Should the nurse have cleaned my incision ?

She explained to me why she didn't do it but I think she should have cleaned it with the antiseptic stuff I was given.

I think Im going to get my partner to do it again tonight after my shower and clean the incisions and re-dress them in the water proof steristrip just to make sure it keeps heeling well. But if anyone knows if maybe she did do the right thing and is trying to let the wound air out? hhhmmm not sure what to think.:confused:

I went in after 10 days to have my dressings changed, and the nurse just put on a breathable white tape and told me to leave that on for another 2 weeks (or until it falls off) She said no probs if it gets wet, just air or blow dry afterwards :)

Mine were taken off on day 6. Not cleaned with and then had micropore tape put them them that i have to change once a week and when i change them i leave the micropore tape off for an hour or so and clean them with just soap and water and allow to dry before putting tape back on