Sign in to follow this  
TexyMexy

How much for a tummy tuck not insured or wanting yo.go.on public waiting list?

Hello,

I've had a Cesar and am probably going to have another one nay next year. I was wondering how much having a tummy tuck would cost? Does it depend on the degree of the job of is there a set fee? So far my "pocket" or sag pouch isn't that big I don't know weather it's going to get worse after another Cesar but not having to tuck my skin into clothes would be amaxing.

Do they do payment plans? If so how much?

My full TT with Muscle repair was about $12 thousand, it is depending on Doctor and how much work has to be done, you can get finance for Plastic surgery, not through the Doctor, but some Dr's staff will be able to tell you what finance companies offer credit, where you can get a loan for surgery, and then pay it off like any other loan.

I was told by one surgeon $13K insured or $19K uninsured. With my redo surgeon if he does tummy tuck at the same time the hospital stay is 5 nights which is quite a long stay and really ups the cost. Not sure what the room cost is but at the other hospital he operates at I believe it was around $800 - 850 per night.

Hey TexyMexy, I'm paying privately too. I've had 2 consults: 1st dr said $20-22k, MR, no lipo, minimum of 5 nights hospital, allow up to 10 nights (I think to make sure I planned for it in the budget), no CG. 2nd dr said $15-17k, MR, lipo to flanks and upper abs, minimum 2 nights in hospital. This is for Canberra.

Mine was $14,000 all up including hospital costs and from that I claimed back $1100 from Medicare and $380 from Private Health Insurance (BUPA), plus they covered $3500 for 5 days in hospital..

You're much better off paying for Health Insurance and waiting.

Mine is fully covered by Medicare, except the gap in my surgeon's fees. I'm in Adelaide & seeing a private surgeon, who has her own waiting list for Medicare patients. There's also a public waiting list through the public hospital system.

I haven't had any c-sections, just 4 regular (ENORMOUS!) pregnancies. I have separated ab's & a significant amount of excess skin - the "apron" & a gazillion stretch marks.

I had a full TT with MR and BL with BR and it cost me 13,500 k for everything. then i got 1800 back form medicare. I'm super happy with the results.

It would ave cost me 7k after medicare rebates if i just had the TT.