Sign in to follow this  
arahia

producing breastmilk and ba

ok so i finished breast feeding on my left breast about 8 months ago and if i squeeze it hard droplets of milk conme out and i stopped on the right about 1 week ago and it has stopped producing a fair bit but at night when i squeeze it spurts a little,they both are deflated and dont become engorged at all,im due for ba in march so i have 15 weeks to dry up so to all the mums ,how long does it take to dry up,am i still able to have ba with droplets coming out and has anyone tried the prescription meds to dry up milk??any tips?thanks guys x

Go yo the health food shop and get sage tablets. They work amazingly well to dry up ur milk! Also if u plan to take the pill (the combination pill) will dry the remainder up pretty fast.

I got Parlodel (think it's called that) cos I was trying to dry mine up cos even after 5 months I still had milk. Same as you-not filling up or anything. DONT GET PARLODEL!! Horrible medication that drops u on ur ass- feel so sick and couldn't move from couch! Only took them for 5 days & thought stuff it, I did the recommended 6-7months of no Breastfeeding and had read that some people continue to have bit of milk for years! I breastfed 3 kids each for a year and was lactating non-stop for 4.5 years all up so figured it will take a while for mine to be completely dry.

Im 3 weeks PO and at my last appt, told my surgeon I keep getting a let-down feeling with my new implants in Lol! He said "oh wow, that's interesting" then he told me I still had a bit of milk that they noticed during my op but wasn't at all worried about it. You are given anti biotics after surgery to prevent any nasties so you may not even want to worry about trying to dry them up totally. Even now after my implants, I can still squeeze and get milk! TMI but Hubby loves it Lol! :)

im also so over producing milk,been producing it for 6 years ,breast fed my girl for 2 years,didnt stop producing milk at all,then had my son n breastfed him for 2years,was still producing milk in between and during pregnancies!soooooo over it,time to stop now

Ladies my youngest is 6 years old and up until surgery I still had breast milk if I squeezed a little, not a lot just a couple of droplets etc went through with BA and at about week2 or 3 I had a massive milk let down lol!!! I found I had to de milk them every 4 hrs otherwise they would ache I know it's crazy and I even told my PS he said totally normal and it will disappear, which it did within a week or two so was completely dried up by week 4 and I have nothing now not even a droplet if I squeeze ;)

Seriously though it was really weird lol!!!

Hey love. I had the doc prescribe paradol to me to dry up my milk. Docs dont like prescribing it though as blood clots in the legs can be a side effect. My suggestion would be to stop squeezing! Dont squeeze them at all! The more u express milk the more ur body will keep producing it :)

Ladies my youngest is 6 years old and up until surgery I still had breast milk if I squeezed a little, not a lot just a couple of droplets etc went through with BA and at about week2 or 3 I had a massive milk let down lol!!! I found I had to de milk them every 4 hrs otherwise they would ache I know it's crazy and I even told my PS he said totally normal and it will disappear, which it did within a week or two so was completely dried up by week 4 and I have nothing now not even a droplet if I squeeze ;)

Seriously though it was really weird lol!!!

Oh wow Kazza, maybe it wasn't just a "feeling" of milk let down for me either?! It fully felt like my let down reflex every few hours but only lasted about a week. Come to think of it, I squirted my nipples to check and huge squirts came out so I guess the implants stirred things up! Crazy! Lol!