Sign in to follow this  
KatvonDj

Swimming with boobies

I was advised no submerging in water until one month post op, to allow for the incisions to be completely healed. So no pool, beach or baths for 4 weeks. I was also told that sunbaking causes swelling, but I am fair skinned and can't sunbake anyway so that bit was fine.

See what your PS says about swimming post op, they are the ones that set the rules and everyone has different rules. :)

yip I was told a month at least, which was hard for me cause we got a beautiful pool put in last year, but im good now and been floating my heart out haha, I would stay away from sand though, but everyone is different.

I read on here a few weeks ago someone said its best to not just cover up the scar with suncream and your bathers but also put something over the scar like a bandaid or some sort of tape to further avoid sun damage to the fresh scar. I thought this was interesting as I wouldn't have thought of it myself. But again, your surgeon will have the best advice for you!

My PS cleared me for swimming at 1 week post op. was just told to make sure they are protected from the sun. Salt water is great for healing too so swimming in the ocean would be good :) double check with ur surgeon though to be on the safe side

Yes & my PS elaborated further about sun on your scar by explaining that the melatonin that tans ur skin will be more sensitive on the scar tissue leaving a tanned scar long after the tan has faded on non scarred areas.