Sign in to follow this  
Purple dreams

I just ran 10km non stop!!!!

I have never ever been able to even run 1km til this year, and this year I trained up to 5km progressively. Last week I ran 8km non stop and impressed myself and today I ran 10km non stop!!! Never in my wildest dreams did I think I could. SO PROUD!!!

WOW!! fantastic!! well done maynegirl. I so can't wait to get back into the gym. How did you go with the up and down motion. What brand of bra are you currently wearing. I was told once im back instructing classes to wear a couple of bras

thats awesome ,your a machine,how did your boobs feel?its comforting to see that you only had ba was it about 8 weeks ago and u r able to run 10kms coz it kinda worries me about recovery and getting back into working out xx

I was ultra worried about losing my stamina and fitness too going in for my surgery too but to be honest I lost none. I had just been able to run 5km non stop a few weeks before my BA and thought great , after I recover I'll be back to being unable to even do that! But turns out I didn't lose much and have improved heaps since. :) boobs felt great! With the right support they are always fine

Oh wow that is amazing. I did a 10km fun run back in October and was hoping to do another one early next year but 2 weeks post op, still cant think about running and bouncing just yet. After xmas my personal trainer is back and I will be doing some sessions with her on the spin bike and lots of leg stuff. So easy to get slack at this time of year and post op but I don't want to do any damage. I had to run across an oval the other day at little athletics to get my daughter and I had to hold them hahahah so embarrassing.

Thanks ladies! You're all so nice ! It's the biggest acheivement of my life I think (I haven't done much ) and something I've worked so hard for. The girls don't bounce at all in a bra and tight crop, they just get sweaty so a nice shower after the run is always a must lol. I think overall I took 4 wks off running from my BA , and only tried a 3km run in the 4 the week, followed by a few 5k runs in the 5th week just to not overdo it

Well done Maynegirl,

I also started running this year (I had always hated it) and ran my first 14km fun run in November.

It feels awesome to be able to do it and I'm missing it so much at the moment. I'm not allowed to run for another month or so.