Sign in to follow this  
BreastDressed

Concerned ive been reckless

I think because i healed so fast ive forgotten to be careful :( im hoping i havent done damage..

in the first few days after i was carrying grocery bags etc (possibly up to 5 kgs)

i went out christmas eve, 11 days post op and since i wasnt used to the wine for ages, got tipsy and had more white wine than i should. danced (no bra under dress) for about 1 hr all up through different times of the night. pretty sure had arms in the air at some points and felt no discomfort

next day felt so hungover yet boobs look the same and feel same today as well.. only slight tension in leftie

pretty upset with myself actually...

I'm still pre-op so not much help to you, but I would think general moving around and lifting arms up would be more about your level of comfort then doing damage. Just make sure you don't lift too much too soon again. If you still feel fine today everything is probably ok. Try not to beat yourself up about it :)

thats sweet of you, thankyou..

i had teardrop shape so i think with dancing it may have more chance of rotation.. plus alco is a blood thinner so slightly concerned about haematoma after reading up on this today

i was good and didnt drink 2 weeks pre op and then kinda stuffed it up by getting tipsy right away and having more than i should tues night! grrr

will also get checked at a gp but i advise all of u to be careful.. since we didnt drink for ages u will get tipsy quickly.. luckily i didnt get bumped or fall

so am i the only post op girl here who has made the mistake of getting tipsy at least 10 days post op?

So long as you've finished your abs drinking isn't the worst thing in the world, red wine is a blood thinner but anything else isn't, it just dehydrates you. I'd suggest getting onto berroca or hydralyte to replace your lost electrolytes and so long as you're not in pain today I doubt you've done any major damage but do look after yourself miss!!

I've been having regular drinks (mainly wine and champagne) after 6 days of my op. My PS said it would be fine. I even polished off a whole bottle of red only 10 days post op. If you're feeling fine and off your meds, I'm sure you'll be ok :)

thanks girls. makes me feel better. gp heard my story and took one look and said i was perfectly fine lol.

omg @t2.. whole bottle of red haha were u spewing the next day? and dancing away..? i was off meds day 2 and never had endone.. so weird i sometimes forget i had the surgery and had dual plane not overs..

will be more careful even so...

You should be fine but just be careful coz it'd be awful to inhibit or alter the healing in any way! I'm 8 wks post op almost and had a sore area in my left boob yesterday, I'm clear for all things I've been doing but still get worried. Oh, I'm dual plane too :)

As long as you are not on antibiotics or pain meds drinking in moderation should be ok.

Try and wear your surgical bra all the time as recommended. I know that they are ugly and have thick straps, but your PS tells you to wear them for a reason. Having a complication due to not following instructions would be awful and you'd be kicking yourself!

Maynegirl. im glad u got the all clear. i did read about your 10k run and was like whoa! impressed! because i want to start running eventually to tone up my bottom half

my surgeon said strictly no running til after 3 months though.. everyone is different and some possibly more careful..

t2t2 its good u are intolerant but did the surgeon say that regular drinking can still thin the blood internally especially red wine and cause a possibly bleed before the implants are fully healed? i read quite a bit on this later so got concerned.. not to worry u just thought id see what your doc says about it

Harlow, ive been off the meds ages ago.. finished day 2 and the drinks were on 11th night post op... my doc said only wear compression bra at night..

do u need to wear yours all day? x

I think because i healed so fast ive forgotten to be careful :( im hoping i havent done damage.. in the first few days after i was carrying grocery bags etc (possibly up to 5 kgs) i went out christmas eve, 11 days post op and since i wasnt used to the wine for ages, got tipsy and had more white wine than i should. danced (no bra under dress) for about 1 hr all up through different times of the night. pretty sure had arms in the air at some points and felt no discomfort next day felt so hungover yet boobs look the same and feel same today as well.. only slight tension in leftie pretty upset with myself actually...
im 3weeks post op i had 520cc in both breasts and after a week of rest i started to pik up my little boys (2&1) and lift my arms up to hang out washing and ive been doin more things then i probably should but im feeling ok and my boobs r going really good

t2t2 its good u are intolerant but did the surgeon say that regular drinking can still thin the blood internally especially red wine and cause a possibly bleed before the implants are fully healed? i read quite a bit on this later so got concerned.. not to worry u just thought id see what your doc says about it

He didn't really say, but I've been a lot more wary now and have cut down a lot, especially on the red wine!