Sign in to follow this  
libby1

a need to know question

I'm curious, I went for my proper fitting at B&T right, so I was told a 12DD or 10E, very happy with that, but every bra I have bought and worn leaves marks all over me, is this normal as I only wore padded crop tops before, i'm unsure if this is just what happens, I have bought maybe 10 new bras, lace ones, under tshirt plain ones, cross overs, you name it and they all do it, the cups mark my boobs and also around the back and sides. they don't feel very comfortable, but I went back again 2 days ago thinking maybe my boobs have changed but no same size fitting.

I have never had much luck with B&T fitting! they fitted me at a DD even though im wearing bras from target, kmart and best and less that are c cup and nowhere near 2 sizes small! so odd but ive never had problems with marks digging in? is the band too size too small or something? the straps too high?

Yeah I get Seam or stitching marks on my boobs but no major dig in lines etc. I didn't like my bras n things bras cos they had stitching inside the cups that marked my boobs. My new big W kayser balconette bras have no seams or stitching in the cups, it's all unpadded and clean so I prefer that :)

Because BA boobs don't move at all 'width' wise you need to make extra sure the bra is big enough so that they are comfortable and don't dig, whereas natural boobs can handle a slightly smaller size as they are more malleable. I am only wearing non-underwire, non-padded bras as they are very comfortable and because after a BA we don't need a good bra to give good shape - we already have good shape. Sass and Bide (like in my Avatar), Oroton and Calvin Klein make beautiful, sexy, lacy bras with no underwire. Good luck, hope you find something that doesn't dig in : )

I went to Bras n Things today and was very unimpressed with their 'fitting'. I was for a plain black bra and they said to try on what I thought I might be, and I said maybe 12D. It wasn't big enough in the cup size so she said I was probably a 12DD but they didn't have any in stock. Not one black 12DD. She told me to try the 10E and when it was too tight age said it was 'near enough'. I will be heading to Myer tomorrow instead so I hope for a better experience. I will let you know if I end up at the same size.

BNT tried to fit me around my bra and top I was wearing at the time, i said 'don't I need to take these off to get an accurate reading' she's like 'oh no'. Very bizzare.

Yup same here it was like a 2second measure over my clothes :/ didn't seem accurate