Sign in to follow this  
Zbags

Textured Overs and Massaging?

Im confused. I have been told to massage however all my research suggests that textured dont need to be and shouldnt be. My friends who got textured also didn't.

Would like to hear from others who also got textured (preferably overs) and what they did.

Maybe i have been told to massage them as they are still hard and it might help soften them up however i dont know if overs do soften up much. (I hope they do)

My surgeon is on holidays at the moment so cannot get a direct response from him right now.

Babe I'm thinking like u said yours are very firms still that's y u may be told to massage, unlike me they r soft says surgeon so there's no need. My concern with massaging textured is the fact u could be disturbing the capsule healing process that's trying to,form round the implant ? What kind of massage were you recommended ., ?

I was told to do the massage where you push it to each side and hold for a minute. Several times a day for 3 months. Just doesnt sound right.

like you said i dont want to disturb the capsule healing.

i know everyone says trust your Dr but kind of hard when he hasnt even seen them post op.

I have textured overs, was told not to massage and it was written in my post op care info in big bold writing. But everyone is different and there may be a perfectly good reason why your surgeon has told you to massage. It's so tricky to know what is right and wrong when every surgeon has something different to say than the other! Contact your surgeon as soon as they are back from holidays, they will have the best answers for you. Or is the clinic still open or do you have contact with a nurse or emergency contact number? This would answer your question sooner?