Sign in to follow this  
melski

has anyone else gone through this?

ok so I am about a month and a half months from getting my BA I am going to Thailand in February, and the last couple of days I have been having these thoughts/feelings about the surgery....I have wanted a BA since I was about 15 or 16 (23 now) so it's not like I woke up one day and was like yup im getting a boob job or anything like that, but anyway so the last few days I have been thinking what if I get to Thailand and I freak out and don't want to go through with it or if I don't like my surgeon (dr thanakom) what if I pick the wrong placement or wrong size and a bunch of other thoughts. Has anyone gone through this? I am super excited about the surgery but I also have all these thoughts. Please someone just tell me that this is just nerves that everyone gets

ok so I am about a month and a half months from getting my BA I am going to Thailand in February, and the last couple of days I have been having these thoughts/feelings about the surgery....I have wanted a BA since I was about 15 or 16 (23 now) so it's not like I woke up one day and was like yup im getting a boob job or anything like that, but anyway so the last few days I have been thinking what if I get to Thailand and I freak out and don't want to go through with it or if I don't like my surgeon (dr thanakom) what if I pick the wrong placement or wrong size and a bunch of other thoughts. Has anyone gone through this? I am super excited about the surgery but I also have all these thoughts. Please someone just tell me that this is just nerves that everyone gets

Hi , yep I went through this , the day I had to make my payments , I was sweating and shaky, I became so overwhelmed with doubt, then I found this forum , and although I'm still a little nervous I am feeling much more confident in my decision, ( my BA is 2 jan ) , hope this helps :rolleyes:

Having surgery in any country is going to be emotional. (Let alone Thailand). I knew I wanted boobs and I knew Thailand was where I was going to get them - I was concerned of the risks and I def was reluctant but I just researched / researched / researched till I was confident in what I wanted to achieve and took into account all the positive stories on here. Have you been to Thailand before? It might be a bit of an eye opener when you arrive but its safe.

Maybe you should write down all of your freaking out points... And pull them apart so you can feel more confident about your choices. At the end of the day if you go there for a consult, don't like the surgeon and you don't want surgery you DONT have to go ahead with it. For me when I arrived in the waiting room and saw all the happy patients from days before I was excited and READY and couldn't wait to get them put in. After meeting my surgeon and having the consult my mind was at ease and all my worries were gone!

What if you pick wrong placement? - What are you wanting Overs, Unders or Dual? How is any of those going to be "wrong"? Each have its pros and cons, research them all and have in your mind what you prefer - Do you know what your surgeons preference is (did you get an email back form the hospital when you sent pictures?)

What if you pick the wrong size? Are you wanting Natural or Large? Have you done rice sizers? If not make some so you get a general idea on what size CC you are wanting. When you speak to your surgeon take their advice, they are the professionals and wont make you look silly. The biggest concern here is not going big enough... so usually go as large as they recommend and remember that the difference between 250CC and 280CC is 2 tablespoons.

I und3rstand where you are coming from, to combat my worries I spent alot of time reading this forum and watching video blogs, that by the time I saw my surgeon yesterday I only had a couple if questions for him. Research placements and make rice sizers, I had an idea of what I wanted by hadnt made a firm decision, the doctors will tell you what they think is best.Thailand is great, the people will go out of their way for you, this includes the dr and nurses.

Hi there Melski

Yes I absolutely went through this before I went to Thailand, and before any surgery I have had... But I was glad to book through an Agency that I heard about through a friend, Lotus Medical, and they were like having cousins here to hold your hand. So caring funny and welcoming, and just helped me out really well even sat beside me in the first meeting.

It is a nerve racking thing to go into the unknown, maybe your not afraid of the surgery but the change.. But yeah I was just lucky to have found some really great people to look after me.

I have looked up Dr Thanakoms details before he is apparently a great surgeon...

All the best for your surgery Mel

And I hope that you relax on the beautiful beaches of Phuket afterwards...

jeanny

Hi there Melski

Yes I absolutely went through this before I went to Thailand, and before any surgery I have had... But I was glad to book through an Agency that I heard about through a friend, Lotus Medical, and they were like having cousins here to hold your hand. So caring funny and welcoming, and just helped me out really well even sat beside me in the first meeting.

It is a nerve racking thing to go into the unknown, maybe your not afraid of the surgery but the change.. But yeah I was just lucky to have found some really great people to look after me.

I have looked up Dr Thanakoms details before he is apparently a great surgeon...

All the best for your surgery Mel

And I hope that you relax on the beautiful beaches of Phuket afterwards...

jeanny

LOL Jeanny your post seemed a little strange so I looked at your others all raving about Lotus clearly a bit of Lotus promotion going on there its funny you say Lotus hooked you up with Dr Narupon ANNNND Dr Boonchai depending on whos post you were responding to... shame on you!!!!