Sign in to follow this  
somedude

Liposuction never worked for my Gynamacastia

Hello everyone, i am a 23y/o male who had smart lipo to treat my gynamacastia in october 2012. I went to cosmos clinic in double bay, Sydney. The Doctor confirmed to me it was gyna and recommended smart lipo to rid it for ever. However nothing has changed over 1 year later, i still look the same :( except my left breast looks a bit weird from what it use to look like. IF anything it has merely changed the shape ever so slighty, i can still feel the same amount of tissue as i use to. Being a guy and having to go through this was and still is freaking hard, 12,500 Australian dollars later and it was a complete waste. Can anyone point me too information regarding what i can do about this ? i havent contacted them yet to tell them of their failure. Should i seek legal advice or something? i want to get my story right and no MY rights before i fire up at them.

Kind regards, depressed dude.

I would maybe get a second opinion from another surgeon without telling where you got the surgery done and see what they say. Then with that info on board go back to original dr and see what they say. They may do a revision for nothing or minimal fee.

nicky

I agree with the rest of the girls. Your surgeon may be willing to do a revision at no cost or perhaps minimal cost. Not knowing anything really about that particular surgery I don't know of the risks involved and what the chances of the desired outcome would ordinarily be. Sometimes with surgeries the Surgeon cannot/will not make any guarantees, but in some cases if it's straight forward, you should be able to reasonably expect a particular outcome. Having said that, if your surgeon told you that the procedure would "rid it for ever" then you could argue that he gave your false expectations. I do really think that your best course of action is to return to the surgeon who did it and let them know you're not happy. If you don't like their reaction, go and get a second opinion from another surgeon. Best of luck to you!

Sorry to hear you are unhappy with the results. I agree go back to the original surgeon and see what they say. A lot of surgeons waive their fee when doing revisions depending on why you are having a revision and if you have any complications as well as what the complication is. I would also get a second opinion too. Did you see a cosmetic or plastic surgeon? I have nothing against cosmetic surgeons however in some cases a plastic surgeon is required depending on what needs to be done.