Sign in to follow this  
BreastDressed

Finding a man 2014!

For the single ladies.... :)

lets brainstorm some ideas of places to meet a decent, sexy man

lots of amazing ones out there that ive met but most are just, well, blah. lol. would be nice to meet the kind that ignites passion and excitement as well as having the relationship potential..

anyone with me?

lets start listing.............

a few to start:

* bookstore cafes

* trivia nights

* comedy nights

* cooking classes

In general, I think people in the country are nicer in terms of friendlier, helpful, polite, not pretentious, humble, stronger community ad family value and more relax in their demeanor. To be fair to the city folks, city life is tough, so I reckon that's why they are more tense and other not-so-pleasant behaviors come with it.

As for the idea o places to meet with decent man:

- café (where I met my husband)

- work place(duh......boring)

- charity fairs, I like those organize by clubs/organization/association

- train station ( not an ideal place, strictly personal experience)

- hobby clubs?

- social dinners/outing

I'm not into country boys at all!! I can't stand that very aussie accent they always have.

If your in Melbourne- Collins quarter on a Friday night.

Honestly is so hard to find a nice guy. My ny resolution is to not think about it!!

I am in the same boat!

It is beyond hard finding a guy who you can actually be in a relationship with. I have been single nearly four years... Mainly because nearly ALL the guys I meet are actual wankers. It blows my mind. I went one a date a couple weeks ago and upon finishing dinner we both get up and he actually says to me "ill walk you to your car so you g.dont get raped...." Like, what the actual hell? How about just walk me to my car because its a nice gesture?

i honestly think i have given up on the fact of finding a "partner" im just going to focus on my degree and fitness and of course my boobies :)

It's minefield out there. I thought I'd try for an older man approach. I'm 46 so looking around 50. Let me tell you they aren't much better. Some of the things they say are unbelievable. If any if you young ladies have a nice dad who needs setting up let me know lol

i find that there are lots of nice city boys just as there are in the country

my issue isnt about decent guys.. lots actually are.. it's just that they are not very exciting. i have no chemistry for them

ive never gone out with the intention to find a man but this year i have resolved that i will at least pay a bit more attention and give them more of a chance.. get to know them better.. maybe chemistry can develop? i can always feel a spark right away, the few times i had it so not sure if it can happen later down the track

kashka sorry to hear u have had some bad dates. dont give up and label all men because of an unfortunate string of bad ones you've dated. maybe it's the area or the place u are looking?

im not in melbs.. im in syd.. but i should check that out :D

i tried internet dating last yr and out of a large response i found it is not for me - after a few emails i didnt want to meet almost any of them in person. yes im labelling here but i met two types online - daggy ones who cant attract a woman in real life, and guys who are trying to get laid. i mentioned i liked dancing just to test them out and so many tried to play on the words to try to see if they had any chance of some dirty dancing lol. needless to say i didnt go out with any of those.

kp87.. sorry to hear about the divorce. at least a fresh start is on the horizon.. where are u planning to travel? :)

the meeting suggestions are great so far ladies. keep them coming! xo

He said what to you kashka? Wtf! That's appalling! Wow what a nutter!

good luck girls I liked e harmony back in the day :)

I actually met him on e harmony too...

there were little things here and there that made me think "hmmm your a d!ck" but that one topped it off I actually stood there for a second and thought I heard him wrong. After that I said I was busy and didn't have time to catch up- so began constant phone calls and messages for about two weeks, grrrr. I'm sure there are great men out there- they are just incredibly hard to find. Sigh :(

tw2506 better go for younger men than u. they can actually be more mature! maybe if they are single at 50 they have been players and will never want to settle.. i get 60+ year olds hitting on me and im sure the 18 year old girls as well thinking that their flashy car or whatever might impress someone

if i meet any decent 40s guys i'll let u know :)

tw2506 better go for younger men than u. they can actually be more mature! maybe if they are single at 50 they have been players and will never want to settle.. i get 60+ year olds hitting on me and im sure the 18 year old girls as well thinking that their flashy car or whatever might impress someone

if i meet any decent 40s guys i'll let u know :)

I've always gone for younger guys as I'm not interested in sitting around on the couch wasting my life away, and thought younger guys would be more active. Not true, they can right anything but when push comes to shove most don't want to get off the couch or bar.. I've been there and done that and won't go back to it. I'm on rsvp and get heaps of under 30s contacting me. Maybe they just want to find out if the stories of woman in their 40s is true. It's in in the attitude not the age. I'm sure the right man is out there. In the mean time I want to focus on my fitness and health. I'm off on a 3 day cruise in 2 weeks. I can't wait, you never know the who I might meet.

I actually met him on e harmony too...

there were little things here and there that made me think "hmmm your a d!ck" but that one topped it off I actually stood there for a second and thought I heard him wrong. After that I said I was busy and didn't have time to catch up- so began constant phone calls and messages for about two weeks, grrrr. I'm sure there are great men out there- they are just incredibly hard to find. Sigh :(

OMG that has shocked me - i hope you have some better luck this year honey - he sounds like a full psycho unit

OMG that has shocked me - i hope you have some better luck this year honey - he sounds like a full psycho unit

Haha indeed!

I think over the last couple years I've learnt to value myself more and I won't settle for just anyone.

I also had a terrible breakup with my ex - we had a house, cars, puppy everything together and after 5.5 years he walked out on it all and I had to file for bankruptcy just to keep my head above water.

That was nearly four years ago... But it has impacted on my psyche and I'm more reserved about getting I to relationships now too, I know people might say "don't let that affect you" but I'm half way through the bankruptcy so I'm still dealing with it personally.

However- I'm not "closed off" to the idea of meeting someone it's just that from what I've been through and the fact I've completely changed my life around (I was 78kg- now I'm 66 and so CrossFit and very health orientated, used to be a hairdresser- now I'm doing a double degree in nursing and paramedics) I just want someone that will be an "addition" to my life and someone I can share things like travel with and who had commons interests you know...

But most guys I meet are just losers... Like I just sit there and think you don't deserve to be apart of my life because I value and love my life, and I don't have time for this bull sh!t ha.

So I just don't think about it and focus on improving myself and making myself proud and happy :)

Good on you kash I agree don't ever settle life is too precious and after what you've been through you've had to really build your new life piece by piece xx congrats on going to uni and reaching your full potential, any guy would be lucky to have you xx

Thank you babe!

Its been hard but I have had a great support system which has really helped :)

Being bankrupt has actually been one of the best things that has happened to me, and actually allowed me to save for my boobies which I cannnoootttt wait for!!!