Sign in to follow this  
boobenvy

need help baaad!!!!

Hi ladies, I don't really know how to put this so I guess I'll take the forward approach.

My first relationship was when I was 16. It lasted for 2 yrs. Until, he cheated. I found out because I got genital warts :-(

Obviously, I had them burnt off.

I have now been with my man for 7 yrs and and we have two wonderful kids.

I think I may have them again ....

I know he hasn't cheated, he works with me and never goes out without me and the kids. And I know I haven't.

My question is does anyone know if they can reoccur???

hi hun that sucks, have you googled it to see what it says, gosh and it would be hard to explain to husband. sorry I have little knowledge but I would see your gp to confirm if this is the case.

It does, I feel so so sick, want to go to the drs now but it's late and tomorrow is public holiday. :-(

It will be very very hard to explain, esp cause I never told him about it.

I've googled but kinda mixed msgs

Hi Boobenvy,

yes they do re-occur. The HPV virus is not curable, therefore it will lie dormant in your system and can be aggravated when your immune system takes a hit (if you get sick or stressed). Unfortunately this is something that you can't avoid :(

Explain that a huge percentage of the population has them and as embarrassing as it is any doctor will explain how common they are and that they re-occur if there's any seed of doubt in his mind.

good luck, hope it all goes okay x

boobenvy, I no what you mean, my husband adores me but he is hot headed also, it would be tough to tell him something like this, but as suggested, I would go see doctor get the yay or nay, then talk to your doc making an appointment to bring hubby in so the doc can tell him, some people can be carriers to and not actually get the warts. good luck and I hope it comes back negative, if you have been sexually active with hubby then its a high chance he will have them to as they are very contagious. not what you need after everything you have and are going through, I cant wait till tomorrow for 2014, 2013 was not a good year for us either, except getting my boobies of course, best of luck hun.

I got them when I was about 19 and have never had them since. They can reoccur as others say and a dr told me once that something like one in three people carry the virus but may never get them. High possibility your husband carries it also. Take him to the dr after you get a definite diagnosis and the dr will explain. Feel for you though as it would be stressful. I also have never told my husband as I had forgotten about it till now :)

nicky

Hi girls,

my doc told me 75% of the population have hpv and most don't even know about it. I wouldn't bother telling your hubby unless you need some kind of treatment. Surely he won't get mad at you? It was years ago you had it and well **** happens. my doc told me so many ppl carry viruses and never have outbreaks, but if you contract it are stressed or have a weak immune system it will come out in you. Good luck honey I'm sure he will understand xxx

Inde hpv is different to an outbreak of the wart virus.. I don't know much about it but I know it's two different things.. Sending you much love and good luck with the man . He's love for you will overcome this. Xx

Part of the same strain but different.. Most ladies have hpv cells on their cervix. Genital warts different again.. Similar to the virus that gives us cold sores. Once you have had them it can lay low for ages but you never really get rid of it. I think there are some new treatments for genital warts now that really keep symptoms under control. Can happen to any of us..so thank you for sharing, reminds us to educate ourselves and our children on safe sex and our bodies. X

Just had a read thanks Indy! Yep different strains. The common one we hear about at our Pap smear is the strain that can cause cervical cancers.. Different strains give us the warts but not the threat of cancer.. The one that causes cell changes can go away all on their own or via natural shearing at child birth or like my scenario nasty cone biopsy..I think other types can lay dormant.

So ladies, I found a Dr open on new years day, thank god cause i had a very stressful night last night.

She had a look and thinks it's def not warts but either swollen sweat glands or a fungel infection. Either way she took some swabs and I had a pap smear. The free one and the paid one just to be safe.

But she said if it comes back that it is warts to make an app with her bring my man and she will explain. I was balling my eyes out and could hardly tell her why I was there.

So here is to hoping its nothing.

But app you can have the infection for years before you actually have an outbreak too.

I feel some what releaved. Xx thanks ladies