Sign in to follow this  
Needing_Revision

tragus piercing

My tragus is 6 years old and I find the straight bar with ball or gem on the end most comfy. I found rings to be uncomfortable for some reason. It took 2 whole years for mine to heal! It had an ugly red scar bump on it for the whole 2 years before it went away and proper healed. Now it's my favorite piercing along with my tongue one :)

Thanks for your reply maynegirl! I still get days where I feel it's probably not ready to be changed but I'm getting bored of the boring silver ball!

I went thru a phase where I wanted my tongue done but then I got braces so didn't want to get it caught! Never really thought about it since...

I've worn both a ring and a flat back labret stud through mine. Thinking of changing mine to a ring for a change. Ebay has some pretty ones. If not you could head into a body jewellery shop and see what they have there.

Also, I wouldnt change it yet. These piercings take a fair while to heal properly. Like probably 6months+ and they dont really heal to 100% till around 1 yr. Its such a tricky area. I think if u change it now u might make it sore and infected ;/

I felt mine was really only tender for a few days. But every now and then i will have a few tender days, not sure if it's caused by me fiddling or hair/makeup products that might have irritated it.

I could pop by and see if they can have a look to make sure it all looks good beforei attempt to change it.

I have had mine changed now! Went back to hairhouse warehouse and got a little gold ring. There is no ball on it but it's a little bigger than what I originally wanted. Even so, it's been easier to keep clean and it's not as tender as when there was the stud in it.