Sign in to follow this  
LOVABLE

Shooting pains in nipple area 6 months post op!

Hi girls, been a long-time since I've posted anything but the last few days I've had really strange pains in my nipple area (I had BA & lift) its like a stinging feeling and doesn't last long but does come and go quite a bit. I called my surgeon this morning but he is on leave until the 20th so I need your help to find out if anyone else has experienced anything like this so late on!

Hi LOVABLE, I am over 3 months PO now & have the same feeling around my nipple area & in my boob. I also had a BL/BA. I kind of feel my right boob (the 1 that hurts) is a bit softer than the left. I don't get any pain in my left only my right. I also am waiting for my surgeon to return to his office after the holidays. I can't help you with your problem sorry. I can only feel your pain, as I do. Anyone else?

I dont know the answer.. but i do know that when breastfeeding you can get nipple thrush... which causes a really sharp pain in the nipples extending back through the breast.. maybe give the girls some sun (short periods) and maybe some nilstat cream (or like) until another answer???

Thanks TT. I never experienced nipple thrush while breast feeding so don't know the feeling. I have to admit that I have avoided giving the girls any sun due to the scar not liking direct sunlight & being told by my CS not to let any of my scaring see direct sunlight. But thanks for the advice.

I just reread what I had written & maybe I didn't explain my self very well. The shooting pain that I experience isn't actually in the nipple it's self, but the scaring around my aureola where he has sewn it back on. The lollypop scar. I had some similar pain as it was healing but now it seems more constant & not sure if it's still healing pain, 3 months PO? or something else....

Taniya7130 its sounds like we are experiencing the exact same thing - I did think maybe it was because it was getting close to and was 'that time of month' which still could well be a possibility. Or maybe nerves mending??? who knows just hoping nothing serious :D

Taniya7130 its sounds like we are experiencing the exact same thing - I did think maybe it was because it was getting close to and was 'that time of month' which still could well be a possibility. Or maybe nerves mending??? who knows just hoping nothing serious :D

It didn't occur to me until I read your post LOVABLE. i actually got my period yesterday so maybe. I used to occasionally get sore, tender boobs b4 my period but nothing like this sharp stabbing pain. Surely we don't have to experience this every month?