BreastDressed

Lash Extensions DO ruin lashes!

Please prove me wrong as i love the look to begin with but....

i thought i'd try mink extensions at a reputable city salon. just for something different. i have naturally long lashes so went for the bambi look. was amazing at first but after they started falling out, my own lashes went with some while others were just broken. i ended up with sparse, stumpy lashes at the end of it all :( even shorter than my lower lashes..

luckily 2 months later, new lashes have started to grow a bit and the length is now just a bit longer than the lower ones. hope they get to my usual length..

anyone have a good experience with extensions? i do love the really long look but dont wanna try again in case the above situation happens again

I've had lash extensions about 4 times at 4 different places and unfortunately my lashes have been ruined each time. The fake ones start to come off and take my natural ones with them!

Lol what do u mean don

Well Latisse is a natural eye last extension cream (the drug is called Bimatoprost) and its owned by Allegan who own Botox and Juvederm etc.

The story goes that glaucoma patients were given eye drops (Bimatoprost) post procedure to use and what the surgeons were finding when they came back for review was all these people with extremely long lush lashes! So it was clinically trialed and has been used all over the world (USA, Asia, NZ, UK) but Australia is the last to get approval! It isn't far away, it should be coming this year!

It's considered a prescription product (just like Botox) so you'll need supply from a similar place that injects/has doctors and nurses on site.

Wow that sounds great. I have short stumpy lashes. I have all but given up trying to do anything to them. I never went down the last extension route as I saw what they did to my hair I didn't want to risk what little I had in the eyelash department. It must be a genetic thing. Something wrong with my collagen and keratin chromosome lol My hair & nails don't grow so well but my skin is quite good (but apparently quite stretchy lol *see other post :p)[h=1][/h]

Funny you say that Don.. i googled other options and found out about latisse and didnt even know u couldnt get it in aus. thought i could just buy it online :D

Amie you are the first i heard who had a good experience. are u in syd? so the fake ones fall off the natural lash without dragging them off or splitting them? that would be ideal

I had the cluster type which I did myself and when I took them off my natural lashes were so short and gross. I was absolutely devastated. I'd like to try the individual eyelash extensions hopefully I have a better experience with them.

Australia is always behind NZ in recieving medical products bcos our TGA laws are more strict.

I have had fake lashes for a couple of years now and haven't found that they ruin my natural lashes at all.

If u go to a good place its fine. Once I went to a place that used to much glue and my lashes were ruined. ... luckily they grew back!

I have fairly short lashes and love the look of eyelash extensions. I've had them put on about 10 times and tried several different operators. I'm not a very glam type girl and don't generally wear a lot of make up but these just make me look naturally good without make up as soon as I get out of bed. There are cons to eyelash extensions in my experience though.......

I 'feel' them and am conscious that I've got them on sometimes just because of the slight tension or weight they can put on your own lashes. If you have sensitive eyes this will probably annoy you. If I sleep on my front and they can get sort of crinkled in the night as a result, they can feel (and look) a little uncomfortable when I get out of bed - they generally comb out nicely with the disposable mascara wand you get given you each time you get a set done though.

I choose to get a 'natural' rather than glamour set. These lashes are shorter in length and you get less lashes attached. I find them more comfortable to wear and this also means that my set costs less ($65 from memory) and is all finished in about 45 minutes.

I'm actually getting a fresh set put on tonight.

Guys I am SO tempted to get these. I found a lady who does them down the road from me and she offers the silk and mink ones too. I need to look glam everyday at work so these would make me pop but I'm soooo freaking worried about the maintenance!

Yep lash extensions even the most expensive and popular ones fall out with your real lashes ... theyre beautiful for two weeks then kill your real lashes for the next couple weeks after.

And I hear Latisse is great for growing new lashes and thickening your existing lashes. Dont trust Loreal or any make up brand that sells Lash Serums ....God they are duds.

Anyone from Sydney who has had a great lash extension experience? Where and how much did you get them for?

yes my lashes had also turned upside down after 2 weeks. it was ridiculous! some parts of my lashes were bare, others were stumpy and others that still had the fake ones started turning! just awful! thank god they grew back.. hopefully soon to full size!

can we just order latisse online?

Guys I am SO tempted to get these. I found a lady who does them down the road from me and she offers the silk and mink ones too. I need to look glam everyday at work so these would make me pop but I'm soooo freaking worried about the maintenance!

Try them out once at least to see if you like them. I think you'll lurve them! I'd suggest avoiding a place that offers discounted lashes - where I go is super busy and they are hard to get into without advance notice of an appointment. There's a reason for that - they do awesome lashes that have looked and lasted better than 2 other places I've tried. The acrylic ones (rather than silk or 'mink' strands) seem to look nicer in my experience too. To keep them looking great you really do need to do them every month at least but if you find they're not for you or you can't be bothered with maintenance, you can always just let them grow out and fall off naturally after having one set done.

BTW If I'm honest I reckon that more of my own lashes have fallen out or been pulled out a bit prematurely by the tiny bits of glue that catch when I wash my face or take off make-up though. Obviously they grow back in but yes, I think having falsies on does thin your own lashes out temporarily.

You can have a look at mine in a few weeks when they're growing out if you like. I'm about to visit Brisbane for a few weeks and I think I should come and see you for some Botox! ha ha

Thanks for the advice, all very bloody good!

So far that's 2 vote for acrylic which is good because they're the cheapest hehe. I want the dramatic look everyday I can pull it off I have to wear a full face of make up everyday and buggered if I'm glueing lashes on everyday haha.

Oh yes come visit me for sure, depending on when you're up you might be here for our Brisbane clinic opening otherwise we're on the Gold Coast :)