Sign in to follow this  
Sophiemp123

Bloated post op

Hi girls

im 3 day post op ans so bloated! I can't even button up my pants lol. It's been 5 days with no bowel movements. I'm still on my pain meds can I still rake a laxative or will that effect the meds? I'm over in Thailand at the moment maybe there's some fruits I can eat to move things along? Apart from that everything else seems to be going ok :)

Yay Sophie! How exciting!!! Not sure about the bloating. But I've heard a few girls on here say laxatives are ok to take! Looking forward to hearing about your experience!

Im on the 7 day countdown and so excited :)

You should definitely take a stool softener with your pain meds (2 at night initially then if no go add 2 in the morning as well). They're kinder then a laxative as such but at your stage I think you need to resort to the hard guns (laxatives) and no it won't affect your meds but it will give you abdominal pain as it's working so make sure you're home.

Get mum to walk up to the local chemist, they are everywhere! I agree with Don after 5 days you need the big guns! Just do t go far from your loo! Make sure your having some yummy guava juice for brekie and maybe some Muslie to help. I'll be packing some nulax( the fruit block type is super yummy!!) and will be munching on that from day one! Coconut juice straight from a coconut will give u a good clean out too!! Plenty of those there!! Glad your doing well xxx

I never got constipated during post op, and I am currently 18 days post op. I had instant massive bloating after surgery, to the point I thought I was pregnant lol. The bloating is from anesthesia.

My lower abs and tummy were protruding awkwardly, and tight to the touch. It literally went away after 10 days. It felt great lol. Suck it up for a week or so, make sure youre consuming a load of fibre, soluble ( oats, rice) and non soluble (beans, green veg). It'll go away 'overnight':)

Yep bring out the BIG GUNS :D ... i started on stool softner, no go, tried laxatives, no go so i went the BIG BAZOOKA!!! asked the pharmacy for Glycoprep its what you take a day before a colonoscopy to cleanse your bowel....needless to say I had a skip in my step the next day and a smile on my face, but DO NOT go anywhere as is fast acting and last a good couple of hours

Yep bring out the BIG GUNS :D ... i started on stool softner, no go, tried laxatives, no go so i went the BIG BAZOOKA!!! asked the pharmacy for Glycoprep its what you take a day before a colonoscopy to cleanse your bowel....needless to say I had a skip in my step the next day and a smile on my face, but DO NOT go anywhere as is fast acting and last a good couple of hours

Wish I had known this after surgery damnit haha

Oh yes, take heed to what Kazza says DEFINITELY DO NOT GO ANYWHERE! Still gives me nightmares lol

Oh yes, take heed to what Kazza says DEFINITELY DO NOT GO ANYWHERE! Still gives me nightmares lol

Bahahahaha bahahaha and try to do when your home alone bahahaha nightmares I agree

Hahahahaha!!! Kazza you crack me up!!!!! :D

I never got constipated during post op, and I am currently 18 days post op. I had instant massive bloating after surgery, to the point I thought I was pregnant lol. The bloating is from anesthesia.

My lower abs and tummy were protruding awkwardly, and tight to the touch. It literally went away after 10 days. It felt great lol. Suck it up for a week or so, make sure youre consuming a load of fibre, soluble ( oats, rice) and non soluble (beans, green veg). It'll go away 'overnight':)

Thank goodness it's normal! I look 6 months pregnant so hopefully it eases up soon .. I wanted big boobs not a big belly ;)