Sign in to follow this  
KatM

Surgeon recommendations for excess skin-removal Brisbane

Hi Everyone,

I've got a bit of a long story so apologies for the long post…

I'm looking for a plastic surgeon in Brisbane who is VERY aggressive/very experienced with skin removal post-massive weight loss. I've lost 95 kg over the last few years and I've already had a lower body lift (Oct 2011; 75 kg), brachioplasty & thigh lift (Feb 2012; 68 kg). I've lost even more weight now and I'm heading towards 60 kg and I still have SO much excess skin.

My body lift was great but the back has sagged (so I have major saddlebag issues) and I don't think my 2012 surgery had as much skin removed as could have keen - basically it jiggled like jelly from Day 1 post-op. With more weight loss the problem is just exacerbated.

I had my original plastics done in Sydney as I'm born/bred Sydney-sider but I now live and work in Brisbane so I'm looking for a more local surgeon...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks,

Katherine

Hi Katherine

That's amazing!! I had weight loss surgery in 2011 and have lost over 40kg. My bariatric surgeon refers his patients to Dr Gerard Bayley at Greenslopes Private Hospital for excess skin removal etc. I am seeing him in March for initial consultation for breast augmentation and possible TT. I would definitely stick to a plastic surgeon though. Let us know how you get on.

Thanks!

I'll add Dr Bayley to my list :)

My WLS is a bit of a long path - was banded in 2007, and revised to a RNY gastric bypass in Sept last year so still waiting for my weight to stabilise (though the plastic surgeons have said +/- 6 kg is "stable" to them). I'd like to lose another 4 kg before the next round - and planning on it in June before the tax offset disappears...

I'd be interested to know how you get on with your consultation! Hope it goes well :)