Sign in to follow this  
3sixteenths

Mummy Makeover:BA and TT

Hi Everyone

I am 47yrs old and after weight loss surgery in 2011 I have lost over 40kgs. I am now 57kg. I have breast fed two beautiful babies who are now teenagers and that combined with the weight loss I need a bit of cosmetic help. I am also looking at getting a TT as well(hopefully a mini TT because my problem is not that bad) I thought about and researched going to Thailand but decided against it. My bariatric surgeon refers his patients to Dr Gerard Bayley at Greenslopes Private Hospital. Has anyone been to him? If so, what was the cost for both these procedures? I am hoping that if I have the two procedures combined that it will be more affordable - I have private health insurance. Are there any other plastic surgeons in Brisbane who do this type of surgery? Your reviews would be great!!

Hi 3sixteenths,

Yes i used a great dr at kawana on the sunshine coast. If you want to know more and are willing to come north, let me know. I had a

Full TT with MR and a BL reduction. i have a post in TT called Jennys TT and BL with reduction. have a read ask anything you like. i am extreemly happy and only 4 weekd PO

Hi Jennys

Thank you for the reply. How is your recovery going? I am just a bit concerned about having the two procedures together - not too worried about the BA since my boobs are stretched to buggery from weight gain/loss/breast feeding my two babies years ago. The TT is the major concern because I am planning on only having 2 weeks off work at the most. I am only 56kg and hoping I don't need a lift as well. Were you able to claim any of your surgery on your private health insurance and did you have to stay in hospital?

I really want my TT and BL done at the same time, heal togeather and I cant have to much time off work. I'm planning on only having 2 weeks off, work would go nuts if I had any more time than that!

You ladies must be tiny? I'm 62kgs but I'm really trying to loose 7 more kilo before I go to the surgeon on the 25th Feb. It's so hard to keep motivated when you still have a flabby gut after months of hard work!! I am more worried that something is going to go wrong and it wont be ages before I get done, I would have it done tomorrow if I could :)

I really want my TT and BL done at the same time, heal togeather and I cant have to much time off work. I'm planning on only having 2 weeks off, work would go nuts if I had any more time than that!

You ladies must be tiny? I'm 62kgs but I'm really trying to loose 7 more kilo before I go to the surgeon on the 25th Feb. It's so hard to keep motivated when you still have a flabby gut after months of hard work!! I am more worried that something is going to go wrong and it wont be ages before I get done, I would have it done tomorrow if I could :)

Frankie74,

I'm 5 weeks post-op and only now just standing upright. At 2 weeks I was still hunched over and shuffling around was still quite painful. You are completely underestimating the recovery time. I know that everyone is different, but I think that going back to work with less than 4 weeks recovery time is a really bad idea.

No, I'm not tiny I'm 170cm and 65kgs. You're 62kg and trying to lose another 7kgs? How tall are you?

Frankie74,

I'm 5 weeks post-op and only now just standing upright. At 2 weeks I was still hunched over and shuffling around was still quite painful. You are completely underestimating the recovery time. I know that everyone is different, but I think that going back to work with less than 4 weeks recovery time is a really bad idea.

No, I'm not tiny I'm 170cm and 65kgs. You're 62kg and trying to lose another 7kgs? How tall are you?

I'm 5'3" or 160cm... so still a few kgs to go before im comfortable :)

All my research seems to tell me 4 weeks off is basic, maybe 3 minimum if very sedate job. I think the more you do the more you swell as well.

Of course that's me referring to full TT with MR, if you don't need muscle repair that might be shortened and do-able.

I had a full tt with mr as well but I had a great recovery. My surgeon was shocked that I was walking upright, walking easily and even wearing heels at two weeks post op. He said that it's very unusual to recover that quickly and he's only seen it a couple of times in his many years of experience. I would think that even for just a mini you'd want a minimum of 4 weeks off. I think you'd be much better off going for that time frame, especially if you're undergoing more than one op at a time.

Definately 3-4 weeks off work afterwards.

Usually private health insurance only covers the hospital stay part of cosmetic surgery (in my case $4500 for my 5 nights in hospital) I did get back about $900 from medicare as I had an item number (again you need this for the private health insurance to cover the stay)