Sign in to follow this  
isis27

Thailand, Medical tourism company or organise through hospital?

Hi girls,

Was just wondering what you would recommend through your experience, wanting to go to thailand this year for a breast augmentation and was thinking about saving money and organising it myself through the hospital but I might be travelling alone if my bf cant come, can you manage on your own after the surgery? Going from the hospital and recovering etc or would I be better off going with a medical tourism company like somino if I am travelling alone?

Hi isis27,

I went to Phuket for mine with Dr. Thanakom. My Fiance came with me and that was great. While I think I could have managed by myself I think having a helping hand with a few things was really nice. I was really aware of not overstretching or reaching so I got him to help me put on bras and get me water ha! I did catch up with a girl over there who was travelling alone and she managed just fine but it is quite nice to not experience this alone.

Hope this helps, feel free to FR :)

First found him on surgerygetaways.com and then kept googling and finding more and more info about him, all positive. Then I email PIAC for pics and I was happy. Oh I also followed a video blog of shaaanxo on youtube, she also had Dr T. and only had praise as well. Let me know if you'd like to ready my blog about the whole thing! I started writing about 1.5 weeks before I left for Thailand :)

I also am going with dr thanakom I have organized the whole thing myself although my husband is coming with. I have found it very easy to plan it all myself if you email the hospital they get right back to you even if you email them a million times lol. Good luck with everything

Hi there, I guess if you are travelling alone, booking through an agency really helps, I went through Lotus Medical International Agency, and they done everything for me, organized my pick up and drop off from airport, hotel, hospital etc.. gave me a phone to keep in touch with them if I had any problems after surgery... or if I needed anything, and gave a personal touch and feeling to the experience... Thailand is a safe place but with these guys it felt a lot more safer and looked after me well, for just that little bit extra...

Whatever you decide all the best...

Kat

hi haniimac sent you a FR and yes i would be keen to read your blog, i watch shaaanxo's videos and she was the first inspiration for me to consider getting a BA in thailand! But have read so much info over these forums i cant decide on a surgeon lol

I've booked in on a group tour through Somnio as my partner couldn't get time off work to come with me, starting to get super excited 31 sleeps until I fly to Phuket!!! I choose the group tour so I have a tour manager to help out when required and get to meet other ladies in the same situation as myself. We all meet down in Brisbane and fly over together. So maybe a group tour with a Medical Holiday company could also be another option for you :)