Sign in to follow this  
RAARAA

Supplements to increase muscle recovery? (Breast Augmentation)

I’m having my BA in five days. I don’t usually take any workout supplements (although I do workout twice a week) and my surgeon has given me a huge list of things not to have leading up to my surgery which included protein shakes etc.

I was just wondering, after surgery, has anyone used any supplements to help the muscles to repair faster, and/or what is your opinion on this? I’m getting my implants sub-muscular, and naturally I’m keen for a speedy recovery. From what I’ve read, a lot of girls who work out and who have well developed pec muscles seem to have taken longer to recover and may have had more muscle spasms so I stopped working out over Christmas and will pick it up again gradually as I recover from surgery.

Great Question! I have done exactly the same RAARAA. I have stopped all upper body stuff since before Xmas. I use to take a muscle recovery supplement after PT and gym workouts, but also stopped those on advice of my surgeon. I have big pecs so am super worried about recovery and it being much worse :(

Cant help you, but interested in others response :)

Oh really?

I workout a lot and I take a range of supplements but my surgeon didn't mention to stop taking them? I take pre workout and post workout protein... Maybe I will email him. I have my protein every morning too though... Hmmm interesting :)

I had to fill out a form with everything that I was taking, both prescribed, herbal and any supplements. Dr M told me to stop taking all my supplements 2 weeks pre-op! I'm sure it's just precautionary though. But I would check Kashka :)

I had to fill out a form with everything that I was taking, both prescribed, herbal and any supplements. Dr M told me to stop taking all my supplements 2 weeks pre-op! I'm sure it's just precautionary though. But I would check Kashka :)

I didn't think to put down protein as it's found in meat etc... I shall email him.

Now I'll have to think what to have for breakfast as I always have a protein smoothie ha first world problems

Yep, the nurse went over a big bunch of stuff with me on the phone. She said no protein supplements (not sure why not, maybe that's to help your muscles relax?) she also said no multivitamins, no fish oil, no ibuprofen two weeks before (but paracetamol okay) as they can thin your blood. Naturally no recreational drugs or cigarettes (which I don't do anyway) and then no alcohol for three days (I think she said three days). She said that vitamin C is okay though. I usually take multivitamins & fish oil but at the moment I'm just having vitamin C and trying to generally eat healthy. Lots of liquid, minimal salt and I'm prepared to start eating a lot of fibre after surgery. A little bit off topic - more for my skin, I've made up a blend of pure organic cocoa butter, bio oil and pure carrot seed oil and have been applying that over my breasts several times a day. I'm hoping that will help me with the pain from skin stretching, stretch marks and my incision scar.

Yep I'm taking bisecret... I waited for my two week period post op n now taking it n tell u what it's really helped with my recovery n softening the boobs, I also took it for 1 month b4 breast op n then obviously as told by my surgeon cease any herbal n vitamin stuff 2 weeks b4 surgery.

I got to buy more I only had bought the one bottle so far I'm loving it, was recommended by a friend that kept getting mild cc n this took it away.

I have heard a mixture do's and don'ts pre surgery etc, my PS told me to just stop my fish tablets, I however chose to stop my pre work out a week before just because the ingredients it self is full on, though I still took my protein shakes and had my BCAAs throughout the day....yes please stop chest a good month prior those who are my FR can see my muscle distortion on my pics was freak'n hideous and sore lol!!

I also on daily tablet of Prozac and my PS was not fussed about this either and told me to keep on it and the anaesthetist will work accordingly to that...so all good :)

Yep I'm taking bisecret... I waited for my two week period post op n now taking it n tell u what it's really helped with my recovery n softening the boobs, I also took it for 1 month b4 breast op n then obviously as told by my surgeon cease any herbal n vitamin stuff 2 weeks b4 surgery.

I got to buy more I only had bought the one bottle so far I'm loving it, was recommended by a friend that kept getting mild cc n this took it away.

Thanks Small@thewaist! So did you take it for one entire month before your surgery, even including the two weeks prior to surgery, and then stop taking it for two weeks after your surgery and then back on it again now? Sorry that's how I read it so I just wanted to make sure :)

I have heard a mixture do's and don'ts pre surgery etc, my PS told me to just stop my fish tablets, I however chose to stop my pre work out a week before just because the ingredients it self is full on, though I still took my protein shakes and had my BCAAs throughout the day....yes please stop chest a good month prior those who are my FR can see my muscle distortion on my pics was freak'n hideous and sore lol!!

I also on daily tablet of Prozac and my PS was not fussed about this either and told me to keep on it and the anaesthetist will work accordingly to that...so all good :)

I think stopping pre workout is a good thing as that's pretty "full on stuff" but protein I assumed would be ok... I'll stop taking it now and just have standard oats.

I stopped working bout on the 20th of last month... However I have been doing legs.

Move still been taking BCAAs especially after I anighalated legs on Monday haha woops

ohhh that bisected sounds interesting! I will have to look into it- thanks for that!!