Sign in to follow this  
aangel

Capsular Contracture

I run an Australian company that has a non invasive treatment for capsular contracture. The product is FDA and TGA registered and we have a US based surgeon using our product, but I would like to get some Aussie woman to try.

Im not trying to sell!

Just wanting to hear from some women who would like to try an alternative product before re-doing the surgery.

How can something non-invasive treat CC? What's your company name? What is the product name? What are the ingredients? Link to the TGA approval??? Empirical data from long term studies proving its efficacy? How much does it cost and from where is it purchased?

LOL yes, "you" run an Australian company and you have personally signed up to a forum to advertise your magical product to a whole bunch of women, those of which who have CC would be a bit more vulnerable than most. Could you please kindly f*ck off?

Haha that's brilliant!

The vague giving of information is a bit concerning.

As far as CC treatment, I've read about ultrasound treatment that apparently works in some cases and is non-surgical.

Some medications supposedly work to some degree too: Vitamin E, Pavabid and an Asthma medication because of it's anti-inflammatory properties

Way to pray on vulnerable people!! Googled till I could not google anymore, no such thing that works currently exists! Please explain further if I'm wrong.... Massage those babies heaps ladies and keep our fingers crossed, that's the best method!

Not a lot in their profile either. Quite suspicious. Not trying to "sell" anything?

You would think somebody employed to "run" a company would have much better PR skills than to come onto a forum like this & post something like this with very little information & then expect a favorable response.

Lol, don't you love these posts !! Not.

Sorry to create a stir. The company is Riancorp and we manufacture a low level laser to treat post mastectomy lymphoedema (swelling after breast cancer). We are an Australian company. www.riancorp.com. I am the CEO/owner. We have many double blind clinical studies showing benefit for lymphoedema treatment and the product is used all over the world. We have not started promoting for CC at this stage, so there is nothing in the media or on-line. The plastic surgeon in the US who treats patients after breast cancer reconstruction noted the effect of the laser when treating lymphoedema for CC patients after breast recon. To date he has treated 50 or so patients with stage 3 and 4 CC and only 3 of them went on to have replacement surgery. His data has been presented at two international meetings to surgeons.

I can post the presentation that he did to a group of surgeons if you like.

The reason that I came on the forum was to communicate with breast recon patients directly. I feel that surgeons (in the US particularly) have a vested interest in re-doing CC implants and it is the patients themselves who are more interested in a low- cost non invasive treatment option. I wanted to make contact with patients to see if my thoughts are accurate of not.

The laser is very low level and can be used at home. More studies are needed for CC, but it has been used in Australia for a range of conditions for the past 20 years.

It is also quite likely that the laser will significantly reduce the chances of CC, but this will need study.

Given that I have now provided a bit more background, is a treatment for CC something that you would seek out yourself, or would use only be interested in using something recommended by your surgeon?

If the general consensus is that it has to come from surgeons, then that's where I will continue to work.

If you would like me to post the surgeons presentation Im happy to do that.

Sorry to create a stir. The company is Riancorp and we manufacture a low level laser to treat post mastectomy lymphoedema (swelling after breast cancer). We are an Australian company. www.riancorp.com. I am the CEO/owner. We have many double blind clinical studies showing benefit for lymphoedema treatment and the product is used all over the world. We have not started promoting for CC at this stage, so there is nothing in the media or on-line. The plastic surgeon in the US who treats patients after breast cancer reconstruction noted the effect of the laser when treating lymphoedema for CC patients after breast recon. To date he has treated 50 or so patients with stage 3 and 4 CC and only 3 of them went on to have replacement surgery. His data has been presented at two international meetings to surgeons.

I can post the presentation that he did to a group of surgeons if you like.

The reason that I came on the forum was to communicate with breast recon patients directly. I feel that surgeons (in the US particularly) have a vested interest in re-doing CC implants and it is the patients themselves who are more interested in a low- cost non invasive treatment option. I wanted to make contact with patients to see if my thoughts are accurate of not.

The laser is very low level and can be used at home. More studies are needed for CC, but it has been used in Australia for a range of conditions for the past 20 years.

It is also quite likely that the laser will significantly reduce the chances of CC, but this will need study.

Given that I have now provided a bit more background, is a treatment for CC something that you would seek out yourself, or would use only be interested in using something recommended by your surgeon?

If the general consensus is that it has to come from surgeons, then that's where I will continue to work.

If you would like me to post the surgeons presentation Im happy to do that.

whats the U.S surgeons name?!?

Yes post the presentation that would be good, along with the names of the surgeons who attended?!? YOUR WEBSITE LOOKS LIKE A SCAM!

I'm not sure why you're target audience is CC sufferers when you should be targeting surgeons who would need to recommend this treatment to their patients should they deem it necessary. Most if not all CC sufferers work in conjunction with their surgeon to treat.

I'm not sure why you're target audience is CC sufferers when you should be targeting surgeons who would need to recommend this treatment to their patients should they deem it necessary. Most if not all CC sufferers work in conjunction with their surgeon to treat.

Thanks Donatella, thats interesting to hear. I thought that some patients may feel that their surgeon would benefit from the surgery re-do and therefore not offer low cost alternatives, and also the large number of Stage 1 and 2 CC that are rarely offered re-do. Breast augmentation patients are perceived to be much more autonomous because they are choosing to have the surgery and choosing their surgeons.

We have worked with breast cancer patients via their therapists/oncologists for more than 10 years. Im quite happy to continue down the surgeon path.

Stage 1-2 aren't considered surgical candidates so this could be your target audience. By 3-4 the capsule is hard and deformed needing surgical intervention. If your product does as you say id be interested to see it successful on stage 3-4 but I still think surgery is the most comfortably option for all involved (and by comfortable I mean to eradicate it entirely).