Sign in to follow this  
RAARAA

BA Recovery with Dr Harwood

Hi Ladies,

I'm counting down the days til my BA with Dr Harwood (4 days now!). I was just wondering how everyone else's recoveries went? I've been reading so much on recovery stories and I nearly went with Dr Fleming because of his "rapid recovery technique" method that he flogs on about, but when I spoke to Kim over the phone (as I'm in Cairns) he was just so lovely and knowledgeable and when I asked him questions about recovery, he made it sound not so bad (i.e. I'll be able to lift my arms up the same day etc...) So I considered that perhaps other surgeons do the exact same thing as Dr Fleming but just don't go on about it?

I'd love to hear of your experiences with pain, from say, day of surgery, days following, weeks after etc. and what kind of incision/placement/size etc. did you go get?

(I've also posted this question in the group for Dr Harwood's girls but thought I might get more responses in this forum). :)

Hi I'm a Dr Harwood girl..I'm 4 weeks PO I had 390cc nuance Brazilian dual plain and very happy..thanks to him on his advice..I'm so glad i listened to him because I got everything i wanted with my new boobies:D..the pain isn't that bad more uncomfortable than anything and try not to do to much just keep up your meds and drink lots and lots of water..I didnt eat much for prob the first week prob because of the meds. Have you got someone to look after you? my man was amazing he took care of everything for about 3 weeks..try not to stress to much about your boobies as i have learnt they are changing every day and they just get better and better:o the ladies on this forum are pretty amazing you will learn so much from them and it gets quite additive haha..how exciting 4 days to go..good luck x

Thanks Katvo! A friend of mine is flying down with me which is great because I was just going to go on my own (just a quick overnight stay) but now I'm glad I have her. I'm staying in the motel next to the surgery. Unfortunately I arrive back in Cairns on Tuesday night and my hubby leaves for work the next morning so we only have about 12 hours together and then I'm on my own for 6 days. Having said that, I do have plenty of friends I can call on for help if needed and I'm going to go grocery shopping on the weekend to make sure I'll have everything I need so I won't have to go out. I'd be quite happy to just sit at home for a week watching movies and reading books... that is if I can drag my eyes away from my new boobs! Dr Harwood recommended that a 315ml will probably fit me perfectly but I'm hoping for a 360ml. I don't want massive boobs but I don't want to look back and wish I'd gone bigger. So I've just told him that I want to get as big as I safely can, that way I won't have any regrets. I'm going under muscle, teardrop, Brazilian. I'm glad to hear that your recovery has gone well! I figured if I keep on top of the meds I should be okay and I'll just try to eat as healthy as I can and of course drink lots of water. Gawwwd Monday can't come soon enough.... I still can't quite believe it's actually happening! Woo hoo!

Hi RAARAA! Not long now!! I am now just over 7 weeks post op with Dr Harwood. On the day I didn't feel a thing really but was taking pain meds. I stopped taking the pain meds after the first night (my husband found me passed out face down on the toilet floor in the middle of the night!) and only took Panamax for 3 days - I found this was enough. It was painful but not unbearably so - more like a tightness that you get when your milk comes in when breast feeding. I struggled a bit to get out of bed and sit up for the first couple of days as my abs and chest were painful but it didn't last long. The mornings were the worst with "morning boob" but that didn't last long once you were up and moving however the nipple pain that started at about day 10 sucked the big one!! I think everybody is different but you soon forget when you have those boobies - it's all worth it!! 😁