Sign in to follow this  
PrincessAthena

breast augmentation post 4 months stop breastfeeding.. is it possible??

hello ladies, it's me again.. i just have a question in my mind.. and i'm very confused....... i just had a consultation with dr boonchai's (via email) he told me that i should wait for 12 months / 1 year to get breast augmentation after i stop breastfeeding.. by the way i stop breastfeed since september 2013.. and its been 4 months now.. :( i already told him that my milk already dried, yeah i have a drop of breastmilk if i squeezed my breast so hard.. (i was take some medicine to dry my milk) and i just research that mostly doctor told the patient to wait for 3months until 6months, its even better if you wait until 12months. now i am just confused, i am less confidence with they way my boobies appearance.. it's okay if i should wait until september 2014, but if its done earlier i would be very happy.. sigh.. :'( and dr boonchai told me to sign waiver if something happened to me (capsular contracture because of the breast milk its not sterile and cause hematoma and bla bla bla) the hospital would not responsible for any costs or anything.. what if you being me? what should i do? because i am sure there's no more milk.. and i'm not lactating anymore.. should i sign the waiver or should i wait??? or should i find another doctor?? i'm already ask to get the polyurethane implants by the way.. does anyone in here had surgery after stop breastfeeding for 4months or 3months?? is it everything alright?? thank you ladies..

Edited by PrincessAthena
spelling

I was told 3 or 6 months (can't remember if it was 3 or 6) by my surgeon after the milk has dried up. Is staying in Australia a possibility? The fact he wants you to sign a waiver saying you wouldn't be covered is a little worrying. I guess different ps have different rules also but 12 months seems a little long. I know women who even years post breast feeding can squeeze a tiny drop of milk out.

I haven't had my revision yet princesathena. I'm now 11 months post pregnancy but won't be having my surgery for a long time. We are likely going to start trying for another baby in just over 2 years so I would like to wait until after that in case I was to sag again after another pregnancy. I also want a tummy tuck at the same time and my ps said he doesn't want to do it if I'm going to have another baby.

Hi princesathena, I stopped breastfeeding late sept and am getting a BA tomorrow. My surgeon said 4 months. I'm a couple of weeks shy of that, but bub #2 had reflux and got a few formula top ups early on and she got a major preference for it. So after the first 6wks it was a mixture of both and the last few weeks was basically just 1 morning feed each day (she was obviously less picky after such a long stretch without food lol). I've definitely got no milk left.

12mths seems a bit dramatic. Are you happy to wait til March so it's been 6mths and your mind will be at ease? I don't know much about Thailand surgeons, but I didn't think they really did brazilians??

hi sapphire19, thank you for the answer you just make my mind at ease.. actually i am planning to have surgery on 21 march 2014 which is 6 months post stop breastfeeding (you are very smart reading my mind) so if your doctor hasn't say anything i guess it is safe.. maybe different doctor different answer.. so i guess i'm just gonna signing the waiver.. may i know where did you decide the incision will be?? is it inframammary or periareolar incision?? they said that PIAC provide the brazillians implants :) i wish you te best for tomorrow and speedy recovery!! may i sent you friend request? so i can follow your journey..

hi sapphire19, thank you for the answer you just make my mind at ease.. actually i am planning to have surgery on 21 march 2014 which is 6 months post stop breastfeeding (you are very smart reading my mind) so if your doctor hasn't say anything i guess it is safe.. maybe different doctor different answer.. so i guess i'm just gonna signing the waiver.. may i know where did you decide the incision will be?? is it inframammary or periareolar incision?? they said that PIAC provide the brazillians implants :) i wish you te best for tomorrow and speedy recovery!! may i sent you friend request? so i can follow your journey..

Id be concerned about signing a waiver... It leaves you wide open with no "insurance" can you try another doctor? Or have you already made up your mind?

Sure...send me a FR :)

I'm getting the inframammary incision - it's the only choice of incision with brazilians as far as I'm aware. 6 mths should be fine. Good luck!

hi megz, maybe i'm going to ask another doctor as well.. sigh sigh.. sapphire19 : thank you! good luck for tomorrow.. :)

Oh that's good :) a second or third opinion is always good xx

I stopped breast feeding at the end august 2013 and had my ba done at the end of nov 2013 and absolutely no dramas! My surgeon said as long as my milk was dried up amd my boobs were back to normal it was fine. I also didnt have to sign a waiver or anything like that! Id get a second opinion

Hi hun, I had my BA 6 months after Bf. I BF 3 babies all continuously for 4.5 years, so even after my 6 month wait, still had a bit of milk, but surgeon was not too concerned & I didn't have to sign waiver or anything. I also tried the Parlodel Medication to dry up milk but it made me so ill, I only took it for a week and only at night time instead of twice a day. So that probably didn't get a chance to do its job properly. I think 6 months is PLENTY of time to wait, and some ppl have milk for years!! It shouldn't be a problem if it's just a drop wen you squeeze nipples!! Best of luck Xx