Sign in to follow this  
Jane L

Breast Explantation - can anyone share stories or advice?

Hi,

I have made the decision to have my implants removed at their due time rather than replaced.

They've been in or 5 years and have not caused any pain or illness.

Can anyone recommend a surgeon in Sydney or share stories? Recovery time and approximate costs?

Naturally I am concerned about how they will look after and the scarring!

Thankyou

Hi Jane, there was a girl on here last year that had hers taken out too. I'm sorry as I can't for the life of me remember her username but if you do a search (i tried but i also cannot remember the thread title) or another long time user remembers you should be able to read her story. Good luck with your journey and keep us updated as I know a few people actual do consider this too.

Thanks for your replies.

BookedIn I'll be removing them in the next few years when they are due to be replaced. Breast implants are not for life and will require further surgery every decade or so for maintenance. I am noticing some capsular contraction in the left breast which is making it harder. When I first got my implants they were quite soft and I got a size which looked natural- only a handful of people over 5 years have ever questioned if they were real. I never wanted big boobs, just some boobs!

While I have been very happy with my size I feel that I don't want them forever and it will be better to have an explantation sooner rather than later. It will be nice to properly hug without wondering if the other person can feel them!

Implants only need to be replaced if they are causing complications. I met a lady last month who had 18 year old saline implants still going strong. Of course you're free to remove at any time however depending on your size you may need a lift to restore your breast :)

Hi Jane, I had my BA with Dr Rastogi yesterday. He is very warm and has a lovely manner. Also a great surgeon IMO. I know he does explants as I stumbled across a story when I was searching for personal reviews. I think he charges around $7k, but he is in Sydney (I see you're based in qld). If you google search Back to 'B'eing ME it should come up with her story.

I worked with an English lady some years ago .. Who had the first kind of silicone implants, she got them done in UK when they were offering those trials and testing so she got them for free. Hers have been with her like 20 odd years she reckon n no problems. Her boobs actually still looked and felt great too. ... So amazing ! Told my partner for my 35th birthday he can buy me new Tatas think I'm upgrade n get way bigger lol. Was in wittnerz today n lady had these beautiful set .... We chatted a bit n she said she had 880cc n her were done in America 5k. They looked gorgeous tho suited her body she's that curvy slim type with booty lol ... I wanna look hot like that @ 48 yrs old lol

@ Don .... Girl is Botox really a preventative ? U know all this stuff ... I was thinking if like to preserve my skin n tightness I got now n keep it going for as long as possible . Or would u recommend the laser treatments to keep face firm ?

everyone says botox is preventative and i also believe it is to a certain extent but i did it twice and i swear i didnt like it as it created wrinkles in other areas.

AS it relaxes muscles in one area it forces the other areas to work harder....thus creating more wrinkes.

I've started a series of PRP treatments for prevention.... i think that suits me a bit better at this stage. I'll def. do botox again though as it did look great.....

I worked with an English lady some years ago .. Who had the first kind of silicone implants, she got them done in UK when they were offering those trials and testing so she got them for free. Hers have been with her like 20 odd years she reckon n no problems. Her boobs actually still looked and felt great too. ... So amazing ! Told my partner for my 35th birthday he can buy me new Tatas think I'm upgrade n get way bigger lol. Was in wittnerz today n lady had these beautiful set .... We chatted a bit n she said she had 880cc n her were done in America 5k. They looked gorgeous tho suited her body she's that curvy slim type with booty lol ... I wanna look hot like that @ 48 yrs old lol

@ Don .... Girl is Botox really a preventative ? U know all this stuff ... I was thinking if like to preserve my skin n tightness I got now n keep it going for as long as possible . Or would u recommend the laser treatments to keep face firm ?

Hi love

yes it is a preventative, once a line is etched in your skin it's there for life. Botox relaxes the muscle prevent contraction therefore buying you time from the dreaded wrinkles. In saying that though you still need to be able to make wrinkles when your in static movement. I get my clients to frown, raise their eyebrows and smile to see the potential lines from movement. Then I know what dose to use to relax and go from there. Does that make sense? I turn down very young girls who still have good skin integrity and aren't making static lines

Sorry to hear about your troubles livkat. Please keep us updated as to how you go with the next steps.

I have an appointment with a surgeon in Sydney next week to discuss explantation. I'll post up any relevant information following!