Sign in to follow this  
Ang_

To young for BA?

Hi ladies,

Do you reckon its to early to get BA in early 20s? before kids and all that. I turned 22 on the 7th of this month and some people and family have been saying I'm to young, wait for kids, BA are horrible, blah blah... Basically trying to put me off.

The way I see it is that I want to look good now while I'm still young because I'm sick of having no body confidence about my chest..... Plus I don't even believe ill be comfortable to breast feed due to my nipples (pic on profile), and want 3 kids so by the time I'm done having them I'd need a revision anyway. I've waited since I was 17 for these... My parents, sister and boyfriend are so supportive but everyone else keeps judging me.

has anyone had a BA before kids and not regretted it?

I got mine done 2 weeks before I turned 26. I still don't have kids. I don't know if I will have kids. I've wanted boobs since I was 15. I say go for it if it will make you happy and you're happy that you will most likely need revision after having kids.

Hey lovely, oh u poor bugger, I don't think u are too young at all. There's never going to be the right time. Why wait till u've had kids to gain confidence.

in terms of the not breast feeding is it because of ur slowly inverted nipple?? If so, that's soooooooo easily fixed and its cheap!!! Medicare pay more than half so I works out to be like $260, it takes like 10mins under a local anaesthetic. I think ur breast are fine :) even if u just start off with the nipple correction and see if that helps ur confidence,

the nipple correction helped my confidence and boosted it by like 110% Lol

I think u should go for it, my friend had a BA before her little boy and hers are still fantastic! If anything just a bit more natural looking. She had 450's and breastfed her bub for a full year.

Ooooooo is it painful? Yep reckon a baby couldn't latch on to them. I woulda pumped if I had to so doesn't bother me too much...they just look weird. :( Could ask if they could fix it while in BA op. how long does it take to heal? Does it hurt?

They won't do it at the same time as a BA for risk of infection and a BA puts so much strain on ur nips. Nope didn't hurt, didn't feel a thing. Took about 2 weeks to heal completely. Best thing I ever did. Now when I get my BA next week, my boobs will be perfect :)

Hi ladies,

Do you reckon its to early to get BA in early 20s? before kids and all that. I turned 22 on the 7th of this month and some people and family have been saying I'm to young, wait for kids, BA are horrible, blah blah... Basically trying to put me off.

The way I see it is that I want to look good now while I'm still young because I'm sick of having no body confidence about my chest..... Plus I don't even believe ill be comfortable to breast feed due to my nipples (pic on profile), and want 3 kids so by the time I'm done having them I'd need a revision anyway. I've waited since I was 17 for these... My parents, sister and boyfriend are so supportive but everyone else keeps judging me.

has anyone had a BA before kids and not regretted it?

so let me get this right- you parents, sister and boyfriend are supportive? :) that to me is all the support you should care about :) go for it Hun :) xx

I'm 24 and have one child ( would like another 2). I got my boobs done a couple months ago. I was told to wait till I finish having kids before getting a BA but I disliked my chest so much I hated seeing them. I would like to have another child in a yr or so. My thoughts are the same as yours in that by the time I have finished a family I will need a revision.

Hi love. I was 22 when I got my BA, I already have one child but I definitely plan on having at least one more! I wanted to look the best I could also while I am still young! I want to look the best I can when I am older also! Go for it! The confidence I got out of having a BA was more than I even imagined! I love being naked, I love my fiancé seeing me naked and wearing clothes that make them look awesome!

Hi love. I was 22 when I got my BA, I already have one child but I definitely plan on having at least one more! I wanted to look the best I could also while I am still young! I want to look the best I can when I am older also! Go for it! The confidence I got out of having a BA was more than I even imagined! I love being naked, I love my fiancé seeing me naked and wearing clothes that make them look awesome!

Hi Kristy, I just seen u are having revision for cc, just wondering how long after ur first BA did u notice the CC? And what exactly does the revision involve? Do they just replace one implant? Can u opt to go bigger if u wanted to? What sort of costs are involved in the revision? Sorry for all the questions, just curious to know!! :) x

It was around 3 months post op when I first noticed that my right breast was getting firmer! It was really soft from really early on! My surgeon said to massage even more and come back! I massaged all the time and it got worse. My surgeon really looked after me and waived all fees, I was silly and thought private health insurance could wait a little longer! He will perform a Capsulectomy on my right breast and replace it with a new implant.

I'm 20 and am getting my BA on the 22nd of january, if funds and my boyfriend at the time permitted i would have got them when I was 19. Do your research and do it for you and that's all that matters :) my dad isnt speaking to me over it right now but im sure he will realise it isnt the end of the world soon haha. So you're lucky to have the support from the only people who should matter. No one else has said anything bad to me yet when I've told them. I'm 100% sure i want kids but why wait until then I want boobs now!

I am 21 and am getting mine next month and wish I had done it a year ago so I don't think you are too young! I definitely want kids but not for 5-10 years and I don't want to wait that long to feel confident and feminine when I can do it now! (Gosh I am struggling to even wait the month until my surgery.) Everyone has their own views but ultimately it's something you do for yourself not all the haters!

i'm 40 with 4 kids and 4 weeks po with my ba..the confidence i feel now from having boobies is amazing wishing i had done it 20 years ago..I think if you plan on having kids soon i wouldn't.. but your only 22 I say go for it..

My advice is go for it, unless u plan on having children in the next 2 years. You can breast feed with implants & just pregnancy alone will cause changes to the surgeons work.

I agree that u shld enjoy body confidence in ur 20's & yes after 3 children u will likely want them redone & if u start having kids in 5 or so years then 8-10 years after ur first BA is a good time to get them redone.

I think ur decision is very sensible & well thought out.

No, not too young, just be aware that often once inverted nipples are corrected you will not be able to breastfeed...they are inverted because the milk ducts are shorted and to un-invert them these ducts are cut. But....if you are unable to draw them out yourself then you would be unlikely to be able to breastfeed anyway. I had mine fixed at the same time as my BA and wish I had done it years ago (I was 32 with my first BA). I wouldn't have been able to breastfeed anyway so that didn't bother me but just something to bear in mind :)