Sign in to follow this  
Rheanan

BA (NSW) - Its finally happening!!

Morning Ladies and Happy Friday! My name is Rheanan and I am 26. I joined the PS Forum in 2011 after losing about 25kgs and have been set on BA ever since. I went from a DD - E cup down to a B cup :( I call myself 'the itty bitty titty committee' (I picked it up from the Real Housewives of OC) haha...

I have deliberated for years now on weather to go to Thailand or have surgery here in where I live here in Sydney, and have finally decided to get my BA done locally.

I have narrowed my selection of surgeons down to the following:

• Dr Jake Lim

• Dr Miroshnik

• Dr Tavakoli

I like the work of all three surgeons and have booked a consult with Dr Lim later this month. I am hoping to go a full C or small D depending on what Dr Lim thinks, under the muscle. I like a little bit of the fake look but not too much. At first I really wanted DD but I am quiet an active person now and I think that they would annoy me. I have recently tried the rice test, I put one full cup in each stocking and this was plenty… I felt like Pammy walking around my house. It was fabulous!! I’ll try and stick with something a bit more natural though.

I am excited and anxious about meeting with Dr Lim as I have SO many questions. In particular, after my weight loss one of my nipples has inverted and I wondered if BA would push my nipple back out? Also, as a result of my weight loss I describe my breasts as ‘empty sacks’. They aren’t saggy they have just dramatically reduced in size and I wondered if anyone on the forum has had the same experience as I have, and what their result is like after BA?

I would love to hear comments, opinions, information and stories from anyone who would like to share.

I also wanted to say thank you to everyone who contributes to making this forum such a useful and resourceful tool :):)

Hi Rheanan! Good on you girl for losing so much weight! You must be so proud of yourself. You deserve great boobs after that achievement J

Personally I haven’t had my BA (3 days to go!) and I’ve never been overweight so I can’t share personal experiences, but I, like you no doubt, have spent a lot of time researching online. From everything I’ve seen I think there is a good chance that getting implants (as long as they’re big enough and create enough pressure, I guess) should push your nipple back out. Also I think your results will likely be amazing and if you’re lucky you won’t have too much skin stretching (which is apparently a good portion of the pain) if your boobs have already been larger.

As for the doctors, I have kept my own surgeon research local (to Queensland at least) so I can’t help too much there but I have heard of the first two and I think there are a lot of girls on here who have used Dr Miroshnik. I’m sure if you have consults with all three of them your instincts will guide you J

Hi Rehanan, Well done on the weight loss, you should be very proud. I had my BA and Lift with Dr Lim 3 months ago and couldn't be happier. He is very professional, explains everything and extremely patient. I went in 3 times prior to my surgery as I wanted to make sure I was 100% with everything. He never made me feel uneasy at all. If you send me a FR you can see my before and after pics. Keep in mind that I am 20 years older than you, but also had the saggy boobs due to weight loss and breast feeding. My boobs have never looked this good. My recovery has been great and the whole experience wonderful.

Thanks Alioop! It would be fantastic to follow your progress and hear about your experience. I will send you a FR.

RAARAA, thanks so much for your kind words. Its so uplifiting going to try on clothes and looking in the mirror and actually liking what i see. I love feeling fit and healthy. I am hopeful that my nipple will correct itself with BA and I thought that I may be lucky with minimal skin stretching so heres hoping. Good luck with your BA. I will be sure to keep an eye out on your progress!

tw2506 thank you for your post! I have only read positive things about Dr Lim but Its great to hear directly from a Dr Lim patient which such positive feedback. I think I will be much like you and will end up going in a couple of times before surgery.. I have a ever growing list of questions that he's probably been asked a thousand times!! haha

I will send you a FR now :)

tw2506 thank you for your post! I have only read positive things about Dr Lim but Its great to hear directly from a Dr Lim patient which such positive feedback. I think I will be much like you and will end up going in a couple of times before surgery.. I have a ever growing list of questions that he's probably been asked a thousand times!! haha

I will send you a FR now :)

FR accepted...I found he answered most of my questions for I even had a chance to ask.. My concern was mainly over sizing, which you find it always on your mind. As I also had a lift there were limitations to the size I could go. I accepted the largest he would go based on his professional opinion. I didn't want to risk the work done on the lift just to get a bigger size. Im more than happy with 400cc. They fit me perfectly and don't get in the way at the gym or anything, although they do distract me as Im constantly in awe of how great they look and cant belive they are mine.

^ bahaha tw2506!! I love it :) Do you mind if I send you a PM with some questions about your surgery?

of course I don't mind, Im more than happy to answer any questions or help in any way.

Hi Rheanan,

I'm a Dr Lim girl also. I had a BA nearly 6 weeks ago and couldn't be happier with my results and the whole experience really. I had a straight forward BA under the muscle , rounds, 425cc which took me from an a saggy A cup to a full C, maybe D. I highly recommend Dr Lim. Doesn't feel like he's trying to sell you on getting a BA. He just gives you the facts, answers all of your questions and you don't feel pushed into making any decisions. I also think he's cost is very reasonable considering he's a plastic surgeon at $9000. Feel free to FR me I have a few pics but time to put more up I think. :)

you listed the best 3 breast surgeons in the business! haha i have a feeling u researched as thoroughly as i did!

you will get a great result whoever u choose. I was lucky because i knew quite a lot of socialites in syd and models etc so got to see results in person as well. Tavakoli was a definite first choice. Beyond thrilled with my decision about surgeon, my result and my recovery! xx

Just reading over my original post and WOAW how things have changed for me! Haha..

I am just back from my last consult with Dr Fred Clarke and am ready to rock and roll for BA & BL and 1 x inverted nipple correction on August 27th at Bondi Junction Hospital. I have selected 450cc textured high profile implants. I put some implants in my bra today and put my top back on. To say I was impressed is an understatement. Immediately the rest of my body looked smaller. I just stared into the mirror and felt so good!!

Dr Clarke is great. He is really informative and he has definitely calmed my nerves around the surgery. I am so excited.

Here are a list of my questions and Dr Clarke's answers from my consult this morning. Some of them are failry basic but I am glad I cleared everything up!

I hope this helps x

1. Will upper body strength/weights pre op increase the pain post op (i.e. I thought perhaps giving my muscles a rest pre op may make them less sore post op)

Dr Clarke said no and to continue upper body weights right up until surgery.

2. Can I do the TEATOX (Yourtea) pre op?

Dr Clark said no as some of the ingredients can thin the blood.

3. Will I be provided with a post op bra?

Yes. However purchase some supportive non underwire sports bras for post op to wear for 6 weeks. Dr Clark recommended Bonds/Lorna Jane etc.

4. I have a tongue ring. Will I need to take it out for surgery?

Yes. This may cause an intereference so best to take out.

5. Exercising post op

Dr Clarke said strictly no weights for 6 weeks. Light walking can be introduced as soon as I feel up to it.

6. Breastfeeding

Dr Clarke said that I will still be able to breastfeed after my surgery. As I have one inverted nipple which is being corrected I may experience a slower flow of milk when breast feeding but generally he aims to keep all of the milk ducts in tact.

7. Stitches & follow up

Stitches are dissolvable (thank god!). Follow up is 2 weeks post op if everything is ok otherwise Dr Clarke said to call him right away and come in if I am experiencing any issues.

8. Healing time

Dr Clarke said that it can take up to 6 months for the scars to fade completely from red (in certain areas) to white and to start to disappear.

Hi ladies I'm 4 sleeps from my surgery and have the early symptoms of tonsillitis I've been to the doc today who has put me on antibiotics. I was wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation SO close to surgery and if they will proceed with the op while I'm on antibiotics? Thanks x

Hi ladies, I am 4 days post op and am feeling really good. I've posted some pics in my profile just now!

Just one question, my doc said I could take off my bra and wash it today. Does anyone know if I need to wear another post op type bra or sports bra while mine washes? Or am I able to just let them roam free for a few hours haha...

Thanks!