Sign in to follow this  
kashka

My BA with Dr Stradwick

Hello ladies, here is my experience with Dr Luke Stradwick.

I'm extremely surprised in how little pain I'm in today (Mon 13th Jan) I think I was preparing myself to be in throbbing type of pain due to the fact that I had foreign objects inserted into me.

I woke up during the night before my BA thinking I would miss my alarm haha.

I woke up at 5am and got showered, washed my hair and teeth... Then I had to fast till the op- I wanted my usual long black so bad and my protein smoothie :(

We left home at 6am- mum wanted lots of time to get from Brissy to the Gold Coast... We arrived an hour early, how embarrassing haha the nurses asked why I was so early, I blamed mum.

I was nervous about the GA mainly because I have never had one and I wasn't sure how my body would react, I had a lovely anestieiest who went over everything with me before dr Stradwick came in to draw on me and walk me into theatre. He was so chatty while drawing on me telling me how he hurt his leg skiing over Xmas and the anesthesist made sure to sedate him straight away as they work together and he didn't Dr Stradwick revealing any secrets about him haha.

The room was so big with about six people there and I remember seeing the bed and those huge surgical lights above it and nerves finally kicked in but the just got me to hop up and gave me some warm blankets which made me feel a lot better I think because I was nervous and cold a warm blanket made me feel good and I just took a couple deep breaths and was all happy again.

The anestieiest put I'm drip in while Dr Stradwick chatted to me, I looked at the clock one last time, 9.35am... Within 10seconds I was out.

I woke up to the nurse saying my name, I responded with "Is there egg Benedict?" Haha

When I went into recovery, and the nurse helped me walk over the chairs. Within ten min I could feel my tummy starting to play up, and I drank some water and had some crackers but soon I felt nauseous. The nurse noticed and asked me if I was ok and I told her I was feeling I'll so she got me a vomit bag and then some drugs to calm my tummy she then gave me a cold can of coke and some crackers- the coke was so good!

The drive home was fine- I had my aeroplane pillow and frozen peas.

I got home and mum set me up on our new sofas which are electric recliners and one of the is a corner long one so literally turns into a seated bed :) I was super hungry when we arrived home luckily we had pumpkin soup made up and I started drinking water and eating fruit.

I can defiantly tell I'm bloated and retaining water- my lower tummy is firm and so bloated.

I got my script filled for endone and decided to take on at about 10pm, prior to bed. It was around this time I started feeling more pressure on my chest and tenderness.

I didn't have to take anything during the day just at night when I felt tenderness and discomfort, I had my antibiotics administered by IV during surgery.

I had such an amazing experience with Dr Stradwick and his team at pacific pines day surgery- there is nothing I would change. I'm so glad that after four different consults and what seemed like something that would never happen for me finally did and I feel like my life gonna change mentally and physically! Can't wait to show you all the post op photos :)

Thank you to all the girls on here for the support, advice and experiences :) I'm so glad to be apart of this forum :) :)

Hope this all makes sense- I wrote it at 11pm haha

congrats hun, sounds fantastic and we cant wait to see your results, rest up and even if you are feeling little pain don't over do things, you have just had huge surgery and I think sometimes with us girls who are lucky and have good recoveries, we can forget that xo

Gutted we missed each other yesterday, you would've been in lala land as I was going under :( I asked the doc how it went for you and he said great :)

oh and I hate to tell you this, I got two muffins haha

hows your pain level this arvo? Xxx

Thanks everyone!

All in all it was a great experience :)

i think having a great surgeon who I was comfortable and confident in made a big difference and holy sh!t I loveeeee my boobs. Like I actually have boobs- most of you know now I have tuberous breasts so for me was a huge thing and I'm so so happy like they are so plump and beautiful haha

omg bozogirl23 can't believe you got two! So jealous haha

today has been a bit more difficult with pain- can defiantly feel the tenderness and pressure ouch but frozen peas really help and the endone

Can I ask some questions to girls who have gone through recovery,

is recovery different for each person? My new boobs feel so tender and sore I took two endone last night for the pain, I'm still alternating ice packs on them too.

When I get up I feel this huge pressure and it's almost hard to breathe, cough, and fart lol

also I haven't been for a number two since Sunday (had my BA Monday morning) I took four laxatives yesterday and have been having carrot and pear fresh juice and long blacks... No movement. I generally go twice a day so it's quite uncomfortable and weird. Sorry to get a little personal about bowel movements :)

Hi hun. It sure is different for everyone but history I dictates that we all suffered the most day 1 to 5. After that things get better. As for bowels yes def a common side effect. Keep taking laxatives and drink plenty of water.

Can I ask some questions to girls who have gone through recovery,

is recovery different for each person? My new boobs feel so tender and sore I took two endone last night for the pain, I'm still alternating ice packs on them too.

When I get up I feel this huge pressure and it's almost hard to breathe, cough, and fart lol

also I haven't been for a number two since Sunday (had my BA Monday morning) I took four laxatives yesterday and have been having carrot and pear fresh juice and long blacks... No movement. I generally go twice a day so it's quite uncomfortable and weird. Sorry to get a little personal about bowel movements :)

I feel the same Kashka, chest feels like it's going to crack open and I keep holding my breath cos breathing hurts - doesn't help not being allowed to have pain meds this morning before post op appt that's just dumb :( I'll see you in an hour, I'm so going to be checking your boobs out lol :)

Hi yes as Libby mentioned it is different for everyone, I was similar to you, day 1-5 were my worst, swelling was intense, pressure on my chest made it hard for me to breathe at times and just general moving around was awkward, please just take it easy recommend ice packs 20min on 20min off this really helped me with my swelling ;)

I know it's frustrating but it does get better, I felt like a seal out of water just trying to get off the lounge and trust me when those laxatives kick in you will be scooting your ass off the lounge seal like to reach the toilet in time ;) not pretty but outcome so worth it xo

I had a check up today and all good :) pain has defiantly subsided today and only took paracetamol and I finally did a number two and it was amazing! Haha

had a sneak peak at them and they are super swollen and very pointy but I freaking love them!!!

Hey Kashka. I have a consultation booked in with Dr Stradwick on the 28th Jan. I have added you as a friend, i hope you don't mind. Do you have before/after pics? I'm super nervous! hahaha

Hey Hun!! Thank you for posting info. I had my BA in Townsville November 2012, I got smooth mid profile 400cc, unfortunately mine have dropped incredibly &

Look like I've had 5 babies ( which I've had none) Not happy with them at all :-( I'm researching surgeons now & I'm super keen to go to Dr Stradwick, I have read all positive feedback on him.. What are your thoughts. Thank you :) x