Sign in to follow this  
3sixteenths

What to take to initial PS appointment?

Hi Everyone

I have an appointment with Dr Gerard Bayley in March and I was wondering what to take to the appointment other than myself. I kind of thought that I would leave it up to him to advise me on the type of implant he feels would suit me. I am going for a natural look but other than that I was going to leave it up to him and then base my decision on his recommendations. I am also seeing him for TT. What did you take to your first PS/CS appointment?

Take in some pictures of boobs you would like, I took snap shots off google images onto my iPhone and showed my PS, then he will have a good idea what size implant based on your pre existing breast to achieve that desired result, remember no question is a silly question this is your body make sure you also research this forum, I'm sure there have been similar posts from ladies in your situation...

Good luck :) xo

Hi 3sixteenths!

I was wondering the same thing cause you want to get the most out of your precious consultation time.

I just made an appointment to see Dr Miroshnik in the 2nd week of March (first free time slot!) - I was a little giddy while I was booking it as I have been looking forward to this for so long!

I was researching the different implant types, but in the end (like you) I decided that the surgeon would know best. However, I'm silently hoping for dual plane anatomicals as they look so beautiful and natural.

yep, definitely photos of the look and size you like. a top surgeon will know by seeing your body shape how to achieve the best look possible and as close to what u want depending on how your existing breast tissue and shape can allow it

also - this is crucial - write a list of every question you have about the surgery any time u think of one. by the time the consultation comes along, the surgeon will be happy to answer them and u will come out feeling very informed and prepared :) all the best! xx

It's the way I roll cause I can never think of questions at the right times (ie. job interviews, doctors visits) and always think of them afterwards. So frustrating! So I have been keeping a log of questions. I started it last year and only read over it a couple of weeks ago, and it seems I have found some good ones (undoubtedly stolen from this very forum!).

I took a white singlet and two support people to each of my consults. And a camera so you can take pics of the sizers in. Sometimes it can be hard to remember which implant size looked best. Take a notepad with any questions as you may be overwhelmed and forget to ask!

I agree, a tight singlet.i took two colours, a white and a black, just because they can look so different depending on the colour. And some boobspiration pics, preferable of girls with similar stats and who had a similar breast have to urs Pre op xxx

Thanks girls, my partner is coming with me so hopefully he will remember what I don't. I will definitely take a singlet top and some pictures of the look I am hoping to achieve but ultimately will be guided by the PS. Oh and a question, do the surgeons rip and tear the chest tissue to do they use cautery?

Picture of the breasts you want! Much better than telling them a cup size. My PS has a singlet already there for you to try on with the sizers. So didn't need that. I didn't take pics till my pre-op appt day before surgery, and once he saw the photos we went bigger to achieve this on the day.

Yeah small@thewaist, I am tight through the chest and heavy, but not really too sore. Ice packs seem to take the edge off. Just taking anti inflammatories and panadol. Stoked with the bigger size!!!!