Sign in to follow this  
leesy4

Rhinoplasty with Dr Nettle

I had my first consultation with Dr Nettle in September after a long 9 month wait. Now its January and my surgery is booked for the 28th of this month. Nervous is the least of what I'm feeling at the moment. I find that Dr. Nettle has been very kind and professional so far... although his time is very limited and doesn't spend a whole lot of time with you, I feel like I just want this year long search to be over with and have my new nose already.

Has anyone had a rhinoplasty with Dr. Nettle? Were you satisfied with your results?

Hi Leesy

All the best for your surgery. Would love to hear how it goes as I'm also considering Dr Nettle for mine. I have done a lot of research and only heard good (great, in fact) things about him so it sounds like you are in great hands. :)

Thanks Hannah. I will definitely let you know how it goes.

Im trying to get into the right frame of mind. I know that Im going to be very sore and probably be depressed because it wont be what i expect.

hi leesy,

i haven't had rhinoplasty, but i've had other facial work with dr nettle and i'm 100% happy. i know what you mean about his time, sometimes i felt rushed in appointments, sometimes i felt he would be happy to sit with me for hours. i just realised thats he very in demand so his time was precious, and an amazing surgeon was more important to me than anything else. when i was doing my research i couldn't find one bad review and once i met him i just knew he was the surgeon for me. good luck with your surgery!

I had rhinoplasty with Dr Nettle..It's taken several years for me to recover from what he did. I asked for some money off and was surprised when he gave me a large discount. I was met by his "trainee" on the day of my op. I had not met him before, nor did I agree to have anyone but Dr Nettle operate on me. I cannot say 100% which doctor performed my surgery. The trainee did the consult on the day and walked me through to the operating room. I didn't see Dr Nettle on that day at all. I was left with a large fold from the bridge of my nose to my eye socket. At the first checkup I mentioned the obvious folds visible on both sides of my nose and  I told Dr Nettle that I couldn't smell anything.  

He booked me in for revision surgery but after the two-three weeks, I called it off because I did not have confidence in him and I was worried he would make things worse. Some 10 years later and I never regained my full sense of smell and it has taken me this long to work up the courage to see another surgeon to correct the problems. I asked Dr Nettle about the fact I couldn't smell anything as I would like others to be given this info before surgery so they are aware of this risk. He isn't interested in what I had to say and was quite dismissive of me after I cancelled my revision surgery.

Gypsy lane-grey, are you saying you had the surgery 10 years ago? Have you ever asked Dr Nettle who performed your surgery? It seems strange that you wouldn't ask who was performing your surgery on the day if you didn't have the pre-surgery consult with him. My experience was the total opposite of what you have described so I just find it hard to believe. Especially that he gave you a discount because I paid a fortune!

Guest Cosmetic

I have only seen only good reviews on him I wonder if he threatens his Patient's who post bad stuff about him....