Sign in to follow this  
Bozogirl23

Bad rib pain, raised rash?

Ok so I'm probably being a freaker given that my boobies are newbies, but I have this raised red rash on both sides of my ribs and this is where all or most of my pain is at (day 3 post op). Occasionally I feel heat moving across it and just to slightly touch it is very painful. I've been icing it to try and numb the pain.

i had my post op check up today with my ps assistant and she said it was probably from the pain meds? I've had a lot of pain meds over the years and was unaware they cause painful, slightly raised red rashes that go hot sometimes?

Has anyone else had this? Stressing a bit because my ps check up isn't for another 4 days and come hell or high water I will be on my own with 6 kids from next Monday, so cannot afford to have this turn into something bad that could be stopped now.

post-14042-140437355082_thumb.jpg

Could you be allergic to the dressing do you think? Did they recommend using a hydrocortisone cream to help with the rash? I Had bad rib pain as well but never got a rash..just very big bruises.

I thought of that but dressing is not touching it, had a crop top on but that doesn't seem to be it, didn't recommend anything, except lay off the pain meds which I'm doing. I wouldn't be bothered by it if it didn't hurt so much :(

I to also got a small rash not as big as yours but my doc said it was normal and not to worry unless ot got worse and within a few days it was gone. But if its still painful painful mayb call yr ps and talk to him. Your boobs are looking great tho :)