I am currently recovering in Bangkok 2 days post op BA with Dr Narongdej through destination beauty. Consult was at TRIA and surgery at piyavate hospital which TRIA is connected to. I have not had any issues at all with destination beauty. I had a couple complications with fainting from the IV insertion and a reaction to the morphine and pethadine breaking out with a small rash. Destination Beauty have been amazing, my husband and son had an issue with finding a taxi driver that knew where our hotel was (chose a different one from what DB recommended) and it took 2 hrs to sort out and even dr narongdej spoke to the taxi drivers to help. So they are extremely supportive not only to the patient but to the relatives as well.

Dr narongdej was very impressed with my recovery as was up and walking around the same afternoon and when he came to check on the wounds the following day he said I looked so well that I looked like I was still waiting to have surgery. He did an amazing job and is very honest with his capabilities. I didn't have to have any drains after surgery as he did such a good job and have a lot of movement in my arms, can feed myself, brush my hair and teeth etc.

I was very hesitant to go through them to start with as there weren't many reviews on the surgeon but I am extremely glad that I did.

Hi, I returned last week from Bangkok, through Destination Beauty with a 325 cc breast augmentation and upper eyelid lift two weeks ago. I'm really happy so far with the results of the surgery. Destination Beauty didn't live up to their promises to me, but it was probably not a huge big deal in the scheme of it all. I went alone and they pretty much ignored me the entire time I was there, until I complained. That said, I wouldn't discourage you from surgery in Thailand at all, I would do it again. Destination Beauty didn't charge a fee as such, I suppose they get kick backs from the hospital and hotel, so as long as you keep expectations of DB treating you as if they care about you low, there were plenty of benefits in having the transfers and hospital arranged for me. The transfer staff were great, the doctor was lovely, and the hospital was really good (Tria). The accommodation at Somerset Hotel was great, and you meet plenty of other Australians having surgery downstairs in the breakfast room even if you don't go on a tour. There are a few disadvantages to the whole Thailand experience, apart from the feeling of being ignored by DB: here they are as I see them, and some things I wish I'd known: #1. There really wasn't a lot of time spent in consultation with the doctor (I had Dr Parveena). She spoke perfect English, and was just lovely and really kind, but I changed my mind back and forward all day about size after the consultation and asked the nurses all day if I could speak with her again before surgery, but they just kept saying yes,yes..... I finally had a final chat to the doctor about size about two minutes before I went under, in the operating room! I went with her advice, which is what everyone always advises you to do, and I'm glad I changed my mind at the very , VERY last minute! She has done a good job, and I'm happy. My suggestion is to be very prepared with what size you want before you leave, so do the rice test, buy some sample implants, ask questions, even do a paid consultation with an Australian doctor first (but don't tell him/her you are going to Thailand....they won't like it..., they can see their net worth going down with the cheaper competition..) The internet can be confusing, so don't rely completely on before and after pictures, just use them as a guide. And remember you lose 20 percent of the implant size if you go under the muscle. I didn't know that until the morning of the surgery. When you are home, you are relying pretty much on the internet to get advice about what is normal, but there is a great forum called Real Self in which plastic surgeons respond to millions of questions- and that has been helpful in reassuring me about swelling, numbness, etc. #2 The nurses often didn't speak English. Be prepared, ask for someone who does if you have an important question, write it down, as they seemed to occasionally just to pretend to understand me. And get that bloody consultant from Destination Beauty on the phone to actually come in and support you in hospital as they promise they will do, and be tough about it. (or go through another agent...) #3 It can be a bit lonely on your own. If you are by yourself I would recommend getting to Thailand a day or two prior to your surgery so you can meet some people. I arrived the night before, so didn't really get to meet anyone until after I felt a bit better, and it was then really lovely to have that support from the other Australians- that really was the best part about it- band together and give each other support, it was wonderful. I doubt you would get that network of other people going through the same thing in Australia. Definitely a real bonus. I didn't really want the group tour, it sounded like a Contiki tour with a stop at the hospital as part of the fun...and I wouldn't have felt up to most of it anyway. My feeling was that DB only really pay any attention to the people on the tour. If you are going to go through them solo, pick a time outside the tour dates- my guess is they'll give you more attention. I wouldn't worry about the stories of botch ups- their complication rate is low, the hospital and doctors are first class, and complications can happen in any Australian hospital, from some accounts at higher rates than in Thailand, where they go through more breast augmentation surgeries every day like nowhere else. Always go in with the expectation that something might possibly go wrong, and remember that's the same in Australia, I don't think you are taking any gambles in Thailand that you wouldn't be taking here, except that you would have to travel back there to have it fixed. As an added bonus, the Thai doctors fixed my allergic asthma during my prep, and no other Australian doctor has been able to help me with it....! I took my new girls out last night for the first time in a low cut dress ( I was an very flat A, now a gorgeous D) and even though I'm 46, every man in the room turned their head and settled right on my cleavage in perfect unison! Was a totally fantastic experience for someone who has been flat chested all her life and should have done this years ago!! Good luck, feel free to message me if you have any questions.

I went through destination Beauty back in June 2013. I had Dr Kasemsak Pyungtansup. I was very disappointed. When I first got there Prao had given me the wrong consultation time so I waited for over an hour for them to sort that out. Which I then had to leave and come back for it. When I came back the Dr didn't even explain to me what was going on. The operation went fine and I had no complications and healed well but when I mentioned the problem I thought I had before i left they just said to me they are still healing. A load of crap, my implants where put in the wrong spot so they are up way too high, my augmentation (which I found out from an surgeon in Australia I didn't need) was horrible my nipples are uneven and my breast still sag really bad!!! I went and had a chat to a surgeon last year only when it just come up to the 1 year. They agreed with my issues. They contacted the hospital and surgeon but when they asked for composition for me they got no reply as I never had any replies to my emails. I would never recommend anyone to go overseas for breast!!!

Hi, I’m going to Destination Beauty (Bangkok) in a week for a tummy tuck and liposuction. My doctor is Dr Kasemsak Pyungtansup. A year ago my friend had a tummy tuck from the same doctor and he did a fantastic job. Seriously, the WOW factor, she looks incredible.  She said she was treated really well by DB. Even so, I’m very nervous about the procedure, hoping there will not be too many complications and my expectations are met. Will keep you posted as to my experience.