Mumneedsamakeover

Starting back at the gym

Hi ladies,

I'll be 3 weeks post op next week.

And feeling fine and think I will start back at the gym.

Nothing high impact or upper body just walking treadmill, bike and stepper.

For those gym goers when did you start back?

Thinking a week do that and then can add legs into it.

I had unders.

Also recommendations of a really supportive sports bra??

Thanks

Dee

I had my four week check up on Mon I'm fine to go back into every thing except light hand weight and push ups (in two weeks I can do light hand weights up 3 kg and female style push up till I have my 3 month appointment ) and cardio is fine . I've done cardio everyday since then and it's been fine. I still have swelling of the pecs so he's accounted for this in allowing what I can and can't do. I also had under the muscle.

At three weeks was bike and walking, he also recommended folding a tissue so it's in between the scar and bra and he said Berlei Sport Bar.

Hey :) ok so I love Grit interval training and do body attack, body combat (boxing but not with bag) when do you think I could start doing these again , so lots of jumping around, lunges, burpees etc (cardio basically :) I am missing already , my op is 6 days away !! Any advice would be great thanks heaps girls :)

Hi mumneedsamakeover, I am an unders lady 3.5 months post up. You will be fine doing the things that you mentioned just nothing high impact or lifting weights until atleast 6 weeks ( I waited until 8 weeks). I no longer do any isolated pec work as my surgeon has advised me not toindefinitely but everything else as normal. As for sports bras, I have a Bras n things one which is extremely supportive but I also wear a firm fitting crop over the top just for that bit extra.

Lange, I don't think you will be doing any grit interval or body attack training until around atleast the 6 week mark. Sorry, I know this is not what you want to hear but the time will go by really fast and you will be back into it before you know it.

Thank you nikki34 , I'll be away for the first 3 with my mum so she can help me with the kids - so will really only feel like 3 once I'm into my normal routine (well that's what I keep telling myself lol :) ) do you think If surgeon says it's ok I can just jump straight back in or are there things that I still won't be able to do ? Like running and burpees or push ups?

By the time 6 weeks had passed I was dying to do some jumping around and got straight back into the high impact cardio stuff (make sure you wear a super supportive sports bra though, you don't want those bad boys to bounce) so running will be fine and burpees probably ok but I would be easing very slowly back into push ups, check with your surgeon, mine told me no more ever but that's just my personal circumstances.