Monday: 
I spent most of the day resting on the bed, not moving much because my hemoglobin levels showed up as low in a blood test. They didn't improve in a later blood test so they decided to instruct me to lay low, avoid walking and rest. Drains still in. Had headaches but most likely due to the low hemoglobin and lack of coffee (i'm an addict!)

Slept well through the night.

Tuesday:

Woohoo!!!! My drain has come out! Feels better. Can't wait to get rid of the iv canula - almost ready to go home :)

But after my drain came out my wound kept bleeding... a lot! :( I was all ready to go home but I stood up from the bed and WOOSH - all of this blood came from the wound and wouldn't stop until about 3pm. Thank god it's finally stopped! My surgeon saw me at about 12.30 and discussed the potential option of going back into surgery to see why it kept on bleeding (worst case scenario), but now that the wound has finaly stopped and is starting to close, I can relax. Ahhhh!

My surgeon Dr Richard Rahdon is unbelievably amazing - so reassuring, willing to do whatever it takes for my best interests, and always checking up on me. I cannot recommend him enough - seriously!!!!! 

I am so happy!!!!!

Since my last post, I did really well all day. Walked several times, went to the toilet on my own, then the nurse told me to sit in a recliner for a while.

by about 3:30pm I felt really average and my brother in law who visited made me laugh - OUCHHHHH! I swear I split a stitch inside! I could feel my internal stitches closing and healing at this point, it was such a bizarre feeling. They left at 4pm and I dozed off, only to wake up in a panic - I was sweating like crazy, couldn't breathe deeply, and felt dizzy. The nurses came and my blood pressure had dropped to 83. They moved me back into bed and gave me oxygen, and instantly I started feeling better. Moving from the recliner to the bed felt like agony because I could feel the wound move and stretch. However in less than 5 min I was back at a normal temp and blood pressure rose again. The nurse said that this can often happen soon after this surgery - mine was just a bit delayed. Plus sitting upright for too long might have exacerbated it too. 

Been feeling great ever since. Hopefully that's the worst of it done now. 

congras on the new you .....

It does kill laughing , coughing and sneezing I sneezed today 4 weeks post op and felt it still it goes all tight ...wield feeling but everyday I find I'm feeling better....

Hope youyour the same

MumO5

Thank you MumO5!!!! I luckily haven't coughed, sneezed or vomited yet, but I fear those moments greatly lol!

gosh standing up is hard. I am going to try to do as much as I can today so that i tire myself out a bit more because sleep is tough. I'm usually so active and I trained twice a day sometimes. 

I feel better each day but the swelling hurts and the tightness in my core is uncomfortable. 

I have my post-op appointment with my surgeon this morning back at hospital. Will let you know how it goes :)

Ok since posting I showered and dried myself off on my own :D Hubby helped me get in and I had to sit down at times, but overall I'm happy that I can do more. Drying off the garment is a pain but I'm glad it's keeping me in. 

Had a BM as well and swelling has reduced a bit. As I was getting ready, I had a sneak peek at my new tummy: OMG I love it so much!! I cry every time I see it. But Dr Rahdon also looked after my hips, mons and upper thigh to  make it look smooth. Holy moly, I cannot believe his amazing work!!!! I had my appointment with him this morning because he was concerned about my drain tube wound bleeding yesterday, but it hasn't bled since and he was relieved. I've never met a doctor who's so cautious and meticulous. I just wanted to give him a huge hug!!!! 

He took photos and compared them with my initial consult photos, and again I cried with joy. The difference is amazing and its changed my whole perspective on myself forever. 

I am truly so happy and blessed to have had this done by him!!!!!! 

Thought I'd share a pic: I still can't stand up straight which is why I'm bent over in the pic. The left is the morning before the surgery, the right is 4 days post.

I'm so swollen and bruised - I think the hot weather has made it worse. But here's a sneak peek. Can't wait for it to go down a bit! Love my little belly button and flat pubic area :o He did an amazing job!

image.jpeg

Edited by ms_tummytuck

Thought I'd share a pic: I still can't stand up straight which is why I'm bent over in the pic. The left is the morning before the surgery, the right is 4 days post.

I'm so swollen and bruised - I think the hot weather has made it worse. But here's a sneak peek. Can't wait for it to go down a bit! Love my little belly button and flat pubic area :o He did an amazing job!

image.jpeg

looking good ...

mumO5

Day 6 post op! 

Woke up with less pain and less swelling! My blood test results from yesterday's appointment came back and all of my levels are back to normal, woohoo! I am making great progress with each new day. 

Dr Rahdon called me this morning to check up on me - wow... He cares so much for his patients and I am still so blown away by his dedication. I have never experienced such an incredible service before. I get to see him again for another follow up appointment tomorrow morning :) He just wants to be sure I'm on track before the xmas break. What a sweetheart!!!

Day 8 post op.

I had a sore and swollen night of discomfort last night. My back and butt are sick of lying on my back so I ended up sleeping upright.

i don't think my posture is used to being hunched over; I usually stand so straight and tall, and I usually can take deep breaths that take in a lot of oxygen. But since the surgery, everything is tight and I have to train my entire core section how to breathe and stand again. It's brand new and I can't wait to get it stronger than before! 

This morning it was actually easier to sit up and stand. I guess the rough night resulted in some good healing. I could finally take off my compression garment and put it into the washing machine - YAAAAY!! Even though I shower and wash it, it's not really clean enough. 

My wound is starting to itch a bit but it's no way near as tender as it was 3 days ago. I'm very swollen in my flanks but I'm still so happy with my result. And I can't believe that in 2-3 months time, the swelling will have reduced even more! I cry tears of joy every single time I look at my new body. 

I am so grateful for Dr Rahdon!

Day 9 post op
Swollen and itchy from 42 degree heat. Thank god for air conditioning! We turned it off overnight as the temperature dropped but I woke up even more swollen and itchy than before. One side of my incision is really swollen and bruised but the other has settled down a lot :)

I am definitely more mobile and flexible with moving in certain directions. In the beginning it was really hard to stand up from a seated position, and I relied on my arms to get me up. But now I'm able to use some of my core to pull my torso straight and then rise up.

The areas around my new belly button and pubic bone are still really tight, so I'm being gentle with it. Part of me wants to go for walks and stretch, but I must remind myself that the incision is deep and my muscles within need to heal.

Day 11 - 

Less swollen and so in love with my ever-shrinking tummy! Every day the swelling goes down more and more, and I'm still pretty swollen overall! I can't wait to see how I look in 3 months :o

interestingly, the epidermis layer of my skin started to peel just like sunburn without the burn! It was so bizarre! I contacted my surgeon and his nurse replied quickly to assure me that it's completely normal :) I moisturizer with a thick moisturiser after I'd exfoliated in the shower. 

My belly button has started to scab and peel away and it's also shrinking. Walking is getting easier but still can't stand upright. 

Watched an entire series of a TV show and been lying low. Itching to be more active but I have all the time in the world next year.

Loving my tummy so so much <3

image.jpeg

Day 12 - follow up appointment with my surgeon :) He took off the tape and I saw my incision for the first time!! Wow!! It's so neat and thin :o I am in love!

He drained some excess fluid from my tummy but otherwise everything is healing well. 

Managed some Christmas shopping for a short while. I can do a bit more walking now yay!

Day 15 post op:

its Boxing Day and my bruising has gone down significantly! However I'm really swollen in my tummy, right near my belly button and pubic area. I definitely over-did it with activity yesterday because we had Xmas at our house. I wasn't running around but I was on my feet all morning, I moved some chairs around, I picked up and held kids for some short periods, I cleaned a bit and sat upright a lot. At some points, I could actually feel fluid from my tummy drain away which was a weird sensation! I guess it was good for me to get that fluid to get away from the area and reabsorb into my body. But it's just swollen and tender now. 

Today im laying very low and letting my body heal again. Will watch some movies and chill out. 

Day 21 post op!

Yesterday I woke up feeling amazing! Went for a walk for 40min on a hilly route, then when I came home I cleaned the whole house!

This was the most active I'd been in ages! It felt great but by 12pm, I was absolutely knackered. I fell asleep on the couch and woke up swollen and sore. Today I'm even more sore and still swollen, but my period is due so that could be part of it. 

In the mornings I look at the mirror and adore my new body. My scar is healing well and my definition seems to be coming back. It's really hard to avoid feeling flabby because I'm unable to train, however it is a mental thing. I'm tracking my eating carefully because I do not want to undo all of my hard work or Dr Rahdon's work!

I'm really wanting to go back to the gym and lift weights, but patience and discipline must be practised now. 

Part of the reason I got obese was my focus on food. Over the years I've educated myself and I know how much my body needs thanks to an understanding of macronutrients and micronutrients. Now, more than ever, do I need to fuel my body with the best options possible. 

image.jpeg

How is this happen I can't believe that It's too much surprising that you lost 60+kg weight please share this tips with me, I am also worried about my weight

It took a lot focus on what I was eating. I used calorieking.com.au to track what I'd eat each day, making sure I ate enough protein for my goal weight as well as enough fibre, veg, fruit, carbs, fats. Also worked very hard in the gym by lifting weights - mainly bench press, deadlifts, squats and pushups/pullups, plus running twice a week (sometimes more). I worked toward my goal weight of 60kg every single day and I never gave up, no matter how tired or sore I was. I made every day count.

Hope that helps :)

28 days post op today!!

I'm feeling great and my healing is going well. My incision is a bit redder but the bruising is all gone. I'm also less swollen and can move my core in many directions again. 

I powerwalk every morning with ankle weights so that the blood flows through my body. I cannot wait to start training in the gym again. 

These past four weeks of recover and laying low have been so good for my mind. I am in love with my new body and I set some long term goals to ensure that I treat my body right, for good. The main goal is to love my self FULLY and heal my mind. Too often I would be so harsh on myself, criticizing every flaw and punishing myself for slipping up on nutrition or training. NO MORE! I am celebrating every day - I have a fit body and a flat tummy now!! I am free from all the burdens of the past and I am blessed with health and fitness ❤️ 

Heres pictures from each week so far, left to right is week 1, 2, 3 and 4 (today)

image.jpeg

Thanks so much :) :) 

its been a long journey! I saw my PS today and he is really pleased with my progress. 

i love my results, just itching to get back into the gym. I'm still walking every day so that I keep my fitness up. My PS said I can do isolated arm exercises at most, but I have to wait until 6 weeks post op. Two weeks to go!!!!!

Here's a pic of pre-op and today

image.jpeg

Officially week 5 post op! Wow it feels like ages ago that I was in hospital, completely relying on nurses to help me! Sometimes I feel completely normal but other times I can't breathe or stand straight due to swelling and tightness. Overall though, I am doing well and trying my best to stay fit with the limited options I've got. Luckily, it's not easy doing max incline walking for longer than an hour. It burns up a storm and I can hardly keep up by the 50min mark.

I did some incline push-ups on a wall and chair dips. High rep, no weight. Wow my arms are sore! I need to do high rep more often. Tomorrow I think I'll head to the local mountains and do the peak walk.

Back to work next week, eek!

Here's comparison pics from the past 5 weeks.

12495211_10156367699865543_4108470401851

Back to work today! Wow swell hell hit me hard :( It's hot here and my office was sweltering which didn't help. I couldn't stand up straight again and everything was tight. 

It's amazing how I can go from flat to puffy so quickly! I'm a bit tired now but it was good to be doing productive work again. 

I'm also glad that I prepared and froze heaps of meals ahead of time. It's so much easier to stay on track with my nutrition this way. I'm determined to optimize my body as best as I can so that it's strong, lean and healthy.