Sign in to follow this  
MummaH

Lipo and loose skin??

Hi ladies, so I have 3 little ones under 3 years old and my youngest is 10 months old.

I went for a consult with Dr Chen in Brisbane just for lipo on my love handles and he recommended I also get lipo on my upper and lower abdomen.

He said I would get an amazing result as my stomach skin is still fairly firm and your stomach bounces back the easiest.

I'm worried though that I'll go and have lipo and have looser skin then I do and I won't like it and hate my stomach even more. Has anyone that doesn't have a firm stomach had lipo and been happy?

All I can give you is my experience with getting dr opinions on lipo for my tummy I have had three kids and my tummy had loose skin to an extent but main problem was muscle separation. I saw three doctors. They all said the same thing "lipo on an abdomen with some laxity issues will result in a poor outcome. You need a tummy tuck. We can do flank lipo but not tummy."

All three said pretty much the same thing.

Anyway ten days ago I had a TT! My plastic surgeon said liposuction is one of those treatments that is often given more credit than it deserves. It is great for small stubborn pockets of fat if the patient has good elasticity. In patients that do not, then it results in poor contouring and saggy skin. Have a look at Tara Reid as a good eg of lipo gone wrong.

Personally if I were you I would get another opinion from another good plastic surgeon and then decide. You need to be really confident before you hand over your hard earned cash and more importantly before you put your body under the knife!

Hi mrsrosehiptea thanks heaps for the feedback and congrats on your tummy tuck.

I originally went for my consult for flanks alone and while I was there he asked if I wanted my stomach done as well as he thought I would get a really good result with all 3 areas done.

I asked if I would end up with loose skin because I don't want it to be any worse then it is (it's really not even bad) and he said it wouldn't as my stomach was good and the stomach is the best place for lipo as the skin retracts best there.

Agreed though that I need to speak with a few more surgeons to make sure they all agree that I will end up with a good result.