GirlyGirl

Rippling

I am almost 3 months Post Op and I've noticed that when i lean forward I can feel rippling on the outer edge of my implants (side boob).  You can't see it but I can feel it.  I have Silimed textured implants.  

Has anyone else experienced this?  Is this normal.

Thats the same thing as me hun, I go back in December to see if its getting worse or not. I couldn't notice mine it was Tony who pointed it out so i notice it now lol 

Pretty sure Its because we had such thin tissue and went our max size wise, hopefully we both get away without visible rippling. We have the best chance with the textured implants anyway. He told me the more weight i could keep on the better, i was doing well until last week i had managed to keep the 4-5kg on since i had surgery, i was so happy. Then i got sick for the second time in 3 months and lost almost all of it. Now I'm sure i can feel my ripples more and they feel slightly firmer, I'm guessing as the little tissue/fat i had around the implant has all but disappeared again, back to trying to put a few kgs on! 

If its only when you lean down its nothing to worry about anyway, if you can feel or even see them when upright thats when i would think its time to see Tim and get his opinion. There are options i believe if it gets noticeable.

Hope yours doesn't get worse hun :) xx

Thanks Southern girl. 

Yes I have lost weight recently and that's probably why its come about.  Its only on my left implant.  (I have more breast tissue on my right boob) which is probably whey its only on my left implant.  I hope it doesn't become visable when standing.  I see Tim in December as well so will point it out to him if is still there.  I hate nit picking and I know boobs cant be perfect but I cant help it.  My hubby says that its fine stop overanalysing them...heehehe.  Right implant is still sitting high with a hump on top.  Hopefully when I see him in December this has sorted itself out.  I hate not having perfect boobs LOL!!    Im never happy :)

I have exactly the same thing. I'm not bothered by it though, it's only when I'm bent right over and it disappears when I'm upright. I was told this was a risk with my low body fat, no breast tissue and thin skin. I'm definitely not prepared to gain weight though, I've worked way too hard on my body.

My right boob was also still sitting slightly higher than my left only a couple of weeks ago (I'm almost 4 months post op) but it seems to have evened out now thank goodness.

I have exactly the same thing. I'm not bothered by it though, it's only when I'm bent right over and it disappears when I'm upright. I was told this was a risk with my low body fat, no breast tissue and thin skin. I'm definitely not prepared to gain weight though, I've worked way too hard on my body.

My right boob was also still sitting slightly higher than my left only a couple of weeks ago (I'm almost 4 months post op) but it seems to have evened out now thank goodness.

Hey Nikki what brand of implant did your surgeon use?

It's totally normal for women with thin skin and not a lot of padding over the implants, especially if the base diameterof the implant is wider than your own bw. It makes no difference if you go under or over the muscle, you'll still have rippling; however going under does reduce it significantly.

also saline implants are notorious when it comes to rippling. I just recently switched from saline to silicone, had severe rippling with the saline implants and now with the silicone I've noticed there is a lot less rippling but only at my side boob when I bend over.

if it's terribly bad I'd speak to your PS and maybe consider possibly a smaller based implant, and if it's not bothering you that much I'd leave it, however bear in mind that if you loose weight it may become more apparent.

Good luck hun

Hey ladies :) I have textured mentors / under the muscle and I get rippling on the bottom half of my cleavage (left side) if I flex my chest muscles.... So basically every time I cough or sneeze or do something that engages my chest at the gym.

It's completely normal - it's seems to be the way your own scar capsule and tissues attach to the implant. It is more common in textured implants than with smooths. Quite a few girls I know who have textured implants have some form of rippling when they do certain things.

Have a chat to your PS and see what he says. Sometimes gentle massage can help loosen the scar capsule so it relaxes a little - especially in the first few months of getting your BA.

Hope this helps x